FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
tubes are open, possible scar tissue?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Navywife04
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

tubes are open, possible scar tissue?

Hey ladies!! So here's my story.

Back in 2004 I went in to the ER for extreme pain in my lower abdomen. Turns out I had a horrible infection in my fallopian tubes and had a 7 cm cyst that had ruptured. Well, my tubes had adhered to my bowels and were 4 times their original size, so they cleaned me out and gave me the good news that everything went smoothly. They found out the infection was caused by the flu virus and that the virus attacked my tubes because of the cyst!!! They told me if I had waited 1 more day I would have been dead. Thankfully here I am 6 years later healthy and happy.

My question is, what kind of damage does something like that leave behind? My HSG showed that my tubes are open, but since we have been trying for over a year and all of our tests have been normal, I'm worried that the infection has done more damage than I think it has. Is surgery the only way they can tell if there's damage? Any advice or stories would be much appreciated!

2. Advertisement

hihopes
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Scarring, Adhesisions, Endometriosis & Lupron

Hello! I've had 2 lapo surgeries this year for ovarian cysts and endometriosis. In that time we've learned a lot about the anatomy in there and how delicate and marvelous it really is! I had a 4cm cyst on my left ovary and a smaller, endometrioma cyst on my right ovary that actually glued my ovary to my appendix. My first surgery in Jan 2010 cleared those out, however, my right fallopian tube is completely blocked from scar tissue. My left side was fine.

We continued to try to get pregnant with no luck. Fast forward to October 2010 and I was having a lot of hip pain on my right side. I saw 3 different Orthopedic doctors all who did xrays and MRI's - all agreed my pain was coming from another cyst on my right ovary. I had another laproscopic surgery in November and unfortunately the endometriosis had spread to my left side and was blocking my left tube. My doctor did the best he could to free the tube, however, he fears the tube and the fimbria inside may be damaged from the endometriosis and the surgery. He explained the fimbria as the little hair like structures inside the tube that move the egg down the tube into the uterus. Only time will tell.

So I don't know if there is any other way for doctors to look inside your tubes to see if things are damaged. The only test I know of is the HSG exam where they pass fluid through your tubes to see if it spills into your pelvis and if it does, that means they are open....but I don't think it tells them if there is internal damage to the fimbria.

They put me on Lupron to hopefully starve the endometriosis to give us another window to try and get pregnant naturally...and if that doesn't work we will try the next step. What I'm wondering is if there are any additional things I can be doing naturally to help repair/heal any damaged tissue?? I've read about Arviga massage and am trying that. I've been doing acupuncture and yoga. But does anyone know of natural remedies for endometriosis and things that can help heal scar tissue?

Thank you!

lwurn (Board Sponsor)
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Hihopes,

There is a natural treatment called the Wurn Technique® which has proven results in decreasing the adhesions (internal scarring) associated with infertility.

Many times these adhesions bind the delicate tissues and organs of the reproductive system, causing infertility and sometimes pain. The Wurn Technique® uses a hands-on physical therapy which breaks the bonds of these adhesions throughout the body. Many women achieved a natural pregnancy after receiving this 20 hour treatment. This treatment has also had great success in women with endometriosis, as it breaks the adhesive bonds that form around endometrial tissue.

If you are interested in learning more about this therapy, you may visit this link

I hope you find this information helpful.

Sincerely,
    Ashlynn Northcutt
    Clear Passage Physical Therapy