FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Testing on Uterus

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Aleigh
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Testing on Uterus

I didnt know where to post this, so I thought I would try here!

Before this year, I did not have issues conceiving, but issues sustaining a pregnancy. But now I just cant get pregnant. i had a miscarriage in sept and a DnC. I had an Saline US in NOV and a HSG in MAY and everything came back looking good ( except a blocked fallopian tube froma previous ectopic) Well I just had my first IVF/ICSI and it was a BFN. After the transfer my WBC was pretty high. So my RE suggested we do an endometrial biopsy and saline U/S before we do another cycle to make sure there are no infections preventing em from conceiving.

I had the biposy first then saline US right after. They did notice and "area" of concern but were not sure if it was just an irritaion from the biopsy. They called me later that day to say RE is concerned and would like to meet with me. So right now I am waiting for them to call me to "fit" me in since the RE is booked for the month. urghh I am just so confused. there was mention of having a hysteroscopy, not sure if is operative or exploratory, basically I know nothing. I am just confused how this can come about after all ready having these tests done this year and now I really dont know what to expect.

Now I am in fear of having Asherman's syndrome and never being able to get pregnant again...I could just cry! Sorry to vent here, I was just hoping someone had some insight and possible positive insight, because that's what I need right now!!

2. Advertisement

kindhiker
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Aleigh-don't let yourself get too carried away just yet. I hope you get squeezed into your re's office soon! Ok, worst case scenario in your mind is ashermans syndrome right? Look at this site Asherman's Syndrome. It says that 70-80% of women how have surgery to repair the syndrome go on to get pregnant. That's alot! And it's likely you don't even have it. I hope you get the answers you need pronto.
    TTC since 07/07
    ectopic ruptered at 7wks 8/08
    IVF#1 4/09 bfp-chemical
    IVF#2 9/09 bfp-miscarriage at 6wks
    lap 11/09 removed remaining left tube and lots of adhesions
    FET 4/16/10 bfn
    IVF #3 July 2010 bfn again

Aleigh
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks!!! I had a day of freaking out and now I am calming down i go to see my RE this coming thursday, so Im sure I will learn more. Plus, if this ends up being the reason I havent been able to conceive for the past year, Im excited to get it taken care of and "move on" Thanks a bunch for your positivity!!!

HongkongIVF
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Aleigh...
    I read your post and understand your fustrations and anxiousness. I was just there a few months ago. I had a mc last year about the same time as you and for a year couldn't get pregnant on my own. In Oct of '09 I found out from my OB I had a thin uterine lining and resorted to IVF by Dec '09 and wished I did earlier. For the past year I thought I had AS because after the mc, af changed from 5 days to 3 days max. My RE thought for sure I had sever scar tissue from the Dand C since I did not respond to HRT after IVF injections #1 and had ET and the next months FET cancelled, due to poor lining response; 6-7 mm. In May, I took matters in my own hands and called my RE in the US that performed a hysteroscopy on me before ds was conceived, in 2007, for possible AS. In 2007 he removed a septum in my uterine lining and then I went on to conceiving ds a few months later. The US RE booked me for an exploratory hysteroscopy before Memorial Weekend 2010 and was able to remove the same septum; grew back from 2007. My RE here in HK could not see this deformity during a saline us. Long story short.....I am now 6 w5 pregnant after a fresh IVF #2 cycle. My lining grew to 9 mm during ET. Don't give up hope and keep asking questions. I knew in my heart something was going on that could be resolved but it took a bit of time getting there. Take care of your lining....your frosties will be safe while you take care of yourself.

Aleigh
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing Hong kong. Glad to see you are pregnant after all you have been through.

I am cusious to see what they say. so far my RE keeps telling me my uterus is AMAZING...I respond well to allt he FSH and the IVF and my estrogen and progesterone and lining all looked great. The only reason she decided to do a biopsy was because my WBC was high...I guess in the end, if something is wrong, I'm glad we are in the process of trying to fix me up!!

kindhiker
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Aleigh-I hope good things come out of the discussion with your re tomorrow.
    TTC since 07/07
    ectopic ruptered at 7wks 8/08
    IVF#1 4/09 bfp-chemical
    IVF#2 9/09 bfp-miscarriage at 6wks
    lap 11/09 removed remaining left tube and lots of adhesions
    FET 4/16/10 bfn
    IVF #3 July 2010 bfn again

hkivfgirl
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep us posted on your RE apt Aleigh....

Aleigh
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    am back. With lots of info floating up in my head. I hope I can explain this right. Basically the biopsy came back with disorganized proliferative endometriosis. and the US showed something that could be a polyp or irritation from biopsy. She gave me two treatment options, but highly recommends the first one.

She said it is not pre-cancerous, but it shows that my lining is confused and doesnt know what to do right now.

Treatment options.

1. Hysteroscopy with possible DnC with balloon in uterus for 4 days. The hysterocsopy is just that, a scope of the uterine wall. And if she sees polyps or adhesions or scaring, then she will do a DNC to get rid of it and give my uterus a chance to "jump start", then the balloon stays in there for 4 days to keep lining stretched and prevents scarring. This should give us answers pretty much right away.

2. double dosage Birthcontrol for a month to create a really heavy flow. After that have another biopsy and hope that everything goes back to normal, but chance it wont and may have to have treatment #1 anyways. And she doesnt promote this because of my clotting disorder, and we did this before and it didnt create any heavier of a flow

So I am opting for the #1 route. She thinks that because a little over a year ago, my issues was maintianing pregnancy but was able to conceive just by "looking" at DH, that this is most likely what has been the problem for the past year. She said that sometimes they see the "disorganized proliferative endo" in pre-menopausal patients, but REALLY REALLY feels that it is not my case because nothing else with my uterus has those signs. I have great egg count and quality, the lining is a good place and all the other blood tests do not even show any signs of that...

So the procedure has to be done before OV, so this cycle is out so we set the appt for Sept 13. so that basically means we will be out TTC until Oct or NOV, I guess my body could use this break anyway! Now DH wants to try naturally for a few months after the procedure and I dont know how I feel about that...I am tired of waiting...

HeatherD
    is the happiest ever with her long-awaited BFP ! ! :)
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Goodness!

I hope that the procedure can "unconfuse" your poor uterus!
    ;D

Natural TTC for a bit sounds like a nice idea, but I hope that you and DH can agree on what to do.

Good luck!!

Aleigh
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you!!