FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
HSG Pics - do tubes look normal to you?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    angeleyes022
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

HSG Pics - do tubes look normal to you?

Hi ladies,

Below are 3 pictures from my HSG - they are taken within 20 seconds or so of each other.

The radiologist states both tubes were open and spill was observed from each. He noted my report as being "normal."

As you can see, the dye flowed through the right tube immediately and spilled (right tube is shown on left side of pic). I do notice a bit of a larger "bump" before the end, where it gets large, narrower, and larger again. I hope this is normal . . they didn't note otherwise but then again it felt very rushed and my RE never really spoke to me in depth about my HSG although I had many questions.

I can barely make out the path of the left tube (right side of the pic) and the spill - although the last picture you can see that it spills (apparently) - although it is very hard to see.

Radiologist commented he thought my left tube was "behind" my bowel or another organ, making the flow of dye difficult to follow.

What are your opinions on this? Anybody have a similar HSG?

(FYI - it wasn't painful one bit - but I did take 3 Tylenol 3's before going in!!)

FYI - OB said both my tubes were blocked during a lap 5 months prior (but was able to get right open with extra pressure / dye - left was "blocked" distally. No scar tissue / adhesions or other problems).

Thanks, ladies - this has been driving me nuts for 7 months!!

Lindsey

2. Advertisement

HeatherD
    is the happiest ever with her long-awaited BFP ! ! :)
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Wow, you're so lucky that you got your pics!!
    I didn't get mine when I had it in Feb 2008.

That's very comforting to me to know how yours turned out.
    When I saw mine on the screen, the dye went straight up, then turned 90 degrees to the right to go into my uterus. Until now, I've thought that my uterus has fallen over - that's what it looked like! And my cramps are always on the left half of my abdomen, so I just assumed that my "tilted uterus" meant that it just fell over on its side. :P Now, I question that - maybe it was just a weird angle, huh? *shrug*

Anyway, on to yours:
    I would say that they look OK. The dye does seem to flow out to both ovaries, so I would guess you no longer have blockages. But, I'm puzzled - I thought they injected the dye in through the vagina --> uterus. Did that not happen that way for you?

nancydrew
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also jealous here that you got your pics!

What the radiologist has to say is fine; he is not a fallopian-tube expert. Are these taken from your feet toward your head? Mine were taken from my stomach toward my back. Much better/closer picture.

Get a second opinion if you are doubting.

Best of luck to you!
    Last edited by nancydrew; 07-24-2010 at 10:43 PM.
    My story:
    Ruptured ectopic -- left tube lost
    Second ectopic -- right tube saved
    IVF #1 -- fail

angeleyes022
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies, ladies! It took a lot of work to convince them to give me the pics - I have them on disc complete with the program they use. Persuasive, I guess! I'm glad everything looks for the most part Ok. I have forwarded the pics from this as well as from my LAP to my RE for a second opinion because I need "concrete" evidence. I'll feel better if he takes a closer look and examines the pics vs. a radiologist's 10-second report. Not that I doubt the radiologist...but sometimes there is room for error.

The pics were taken from my feet up, I suppose. A catheter was threaded through my cervix and the dye was injected - this is a "flat on" picture, basically - my right tube would be higher up towards my mid-abdomen, and my left tube would be lower towards my pelvic region.

Thanks again.

Lindsey

HeatherD
    is the happiest ever with her long-awaited BFP ! ! :)
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    After looking at this again, I get it now.. Yay! ;D
    Yeah, it kinda does look like your left ovary is behind a bump of intestine(?).
    I would bet that you're just fine.

Did you do this because you wanted to make sure your tubes were unclogged?
    What the plan for you now?

mjeb
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    i see the other tube its very faint juststare at it you will see it