FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Success with blocked tubes or removed

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    special1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Success with blocked tubes or removed

Hi ladies I was just wondering is there anyone on the site currently or know of anyone who has had a sucess with IVF, without both tubes? Or with damaged tubes?? I am just how odds are stacked for or against me and can't find many success stories without spending hours in site so thought I would ask?

2. Advertisement

*melusine*
    FET 02/15/2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    I think the IVF chances are good (and I would say maybe better than normal people)
    I just had both of my tubes removed.

If you had a hydrosalpinx, then no more embryo toxic liquid in the tube or uterus.
    And if it's anything else, at least you should not have issues with ectopic pregnancy like some with tubes experiment.

I am about to start the IVF process and I feel more confident now... we will see what the future will tell.

shannij
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    hey I sent a message yesterday I am sorry I didn't realise you had pm'd me. The odds with IVF are great so best of luck

mrsbuggles23
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had hydros on both tubes. I went through 2 fresh and 1 failed fet before having them clipped. I went on to have another failed fet. My next fresh I got my bfp!

Gem75
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    I had hydros in both tubes. They tried to fix them in 04 but still no luck. I did IVF #1 in 06with the hydros and was extremely lucky to get a BFP. My RE discovered my recurring hydro in my left tube during my Egg Retrieval and he drained it with a needle. Not sure if this is why my cycle ended up being successful but Im glad he did it! I had that left tube taken out in 07. In 08 i got a natural ectopic in my right tube. They tried to save the tube but eventually the hydro came back and I had it removed in 2009. Now I am trying IVF #2 with no tubes and have been told my chance of success is better since they are gone.

mrsbuggles23
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't have success until my first fresh cycle after I had my tubes removed. Good Luck to you!

*melusine*
    FET 02/15/2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    I thought I would update you...
    after a bilateral salpingectomy in august and 1st IVF in sept/october we got our BFP.
    I am 10 weeks in and so far everything goes well (outside from being miserably sick from pregnancy but that's another story)

Good luck !

shannij
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    congrats!!! Pregnancy is not always what we dreamed it would be but it is wonderful to be there. Awesome news!

babedow77
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Angry
    Just curious. What did you all pay for each ivf cycle. It seems to me that colorado prices are significantly higher than anywhere else. We may use an Military facility but are so far that it would be nice to get some encouragement to go ahead and just spend the money on a local clinic.

Gem75
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    I am in Ohio, and although that is supposedly one of the states that has good coverage, my insurance does not pay for IVF. My clinic quotes around $13,000 for a fresh IVF cycle, and it's about $2000 more if you use ICSI. However I ended up paying about $8,500 because my insurance paid for a few of the meds, all of the bloodwork, and all of the ultrasounds. The only thing they refused to cover were the egg retrievel and transfer, and the stimulation meds (of course these are the most expensive things). It is expensive but so, so worth it. And you can also write it off your taxes, in most cases. Ask your accountant it about.

Good luck with everything!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast