FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
blocked tube... please help!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rulee01
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

blocked tube... please help!

Hi ya, i have one blocked tube filled with fluid. I am having it opened and drained soon (waiting for appointment)
    My other tube is open as i had a lap and dye before and the dye went through it.
    I want to know if anyone has had this fluid and had it drained then got pregnant or still had to have IVF?
    Cheers guys xx

2. Advertisement

CMR1012
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Tired
    Rulee- I had both blocked filled with fluid. I was supposed to have the same surgery (ended up removing both, too badly damaged and were both adhesed to my bladder and bowl and ovaries, really nasty)

They can drain the fluid, no big deal, but like my RE told me, The chances of it coming back are fairly high, and that can interfere with implantation. On top of that your chances of getting preggo naturally with one functional tube are severely lowered. BUT dont lose hope, I have seen MANY women with blocked tubes go on to have successful natural and IVF pregnancies.

Good luck to you

rulee01
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi thanks for your reply. so even with the fluid drained, does that mean tubes are still damaged? so it would have to be IVF anyway?
    x

GodIsGood77
    is blessed!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Happy
    Hi!

There are a lot of women who have gotten pregnant naturally with one normal tube so I would try naturally before proceeding to IVF. The one with the fluid would seem like it is damaged and the hydros do come back. They say the fluid in the tube is toxic to embryos.

Good Luck!
    He gives the childless woman a family making her a happy mother. Praise the Lord! Psalm 113:9

ER 1/23
    ET 1/28 2 beautiful blast
    +HPT 2/3
    2/9 1st Beta - 1,071
    2/11 2nd Beta - 1,978
    2/14 3rd Beta - 4,992
    U/S 2/22 1 beautiful
    Xavier's here! Born 9/27 @ 3:29pm 7lbs 6.5oz

CMR1012
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Tired
    I agree with GodISGood, Dont jump to IVF, My point was simply that it DOES reduce your chances, but that doesnt mean the chances arent there! Def try naturally for a while..

But as far as the fluid, YES once it is damaged, its always damaged, and if you DO manage to get pregnant, like she said the fluid is toxic to embryos. Even if you did IVF that would be the case, as long as that hydro tube is there. I had two of them, and thats another reason why I said okay to removing them both!

Good luck to you

rulee01
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    hi ya, say the fluid was drained, how can the tube be damaged? and if it is damaged can it be mended? if not, whats the point in me keeping it?? im thinking if its drained and opened but still damaged and doesnt work, why keep it.
    x

GodIsGood77
    is blessed!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Happy
    Hi Rulee01,

Hydros are only formed when some type of infection get into the tube. That's what creates the swelling at the end and they fill with fluid. I also have hydros and want to have mine removed before I go through IVF. They were drained once before but somehow the fluid returned. I agree with you as far as not wanting to keep a tube that isn't working.
    He gives the childless woman a family making her a happy mother. Praise the Lord! Psalm 113:9

ER 1/23
    ET 1/28 2 beautiful blast
    +HPT 2/3
    2/9 1st Beta - 1,071
    2/11 2nd Beta - 1,978
    2/14 3rd Beta - 4,992
    U/S 2/22 1 beautiful
    Xavier's here! Born 9/27 @ 3:29pm 7lbs 6.5oz

CMR1012
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Tired
    You are both correct. The fluid will almost 100% return. I had mine drained SEVERAL times... You are MUCH better off for IVF and natural without a fluid filled tube...

Both of mine are gone and at 23 thats hard to deal with, but knowing my IVF success rates are around 80% as opposed to 40% if I had left them, makes me MUCH more comfortable.

sandy and aturo
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ladies,
    My name is Sandy I am new here so thanks to the admin for letting me in : )
    I had the same problem caused by chronic PID and 10 years ago I was told it be best to get my tubes clipped as both tubes were affected so was my overies and my uterus so needless to say I am now at 43 looking into IVF with donor eggs. Does anyone know what my chances of IVF with donor eggs even though this horrible disease ? I have found a few docs through your forums that have accepted to take my case but fact is I dont have $7000 and up to waste if my chances are slim ?
    I still have my period and go for pelvic acupuncture to help clear up the area.
    What ever you do, I would not do what I did.

idasaine
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

hi ya,
    i had a laparoscopy and found out that both of my tubes are damage, i have been told i have to go for IVF treatment. i am not sure if i have to remove them before the treatment or not. has anyone had some similar problem before or and advice on how i can go about it.
    Last edited by idasaine; 08-22-2010 at 06:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast