FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
L / Ovary Behind Bowel ---Advice Plz

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Cagu
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Lurking

L / Ovary Behind Bowel ---Advice Plz

Ok, I had my ultrasound today and was told that my left ovary is behind my bowel

My gut feeling since My 2008 has been that something is preventing sperm and egg from meeting - this must be it...I get all the pg symptoms yet bfn and the worst of all is the L leg cramping...

My right ovary is fine but I do not have a right tube becuz an ectopic pregancy blew it away.

My Q.
    1. Might this be the reason i have being ttc?
    2 Can the ovary be repositioned through laporoscopy????

I just want a baby....

IUI 1&2 April & May 2009
    Nautral Miracle.
    Lord into your hand I comitt this pregnancy.Amen
    2/May/2010 - BFP
    Beta #1 CD28 -114 #2 CD29-175 #3 CD30-281#4 CD31- 473

God please show me grace and mercy.This is your making Lord. May your name be praised in the world.Amen I: :

2. Advertisement

beksma
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagu View Post
    Ok, I had my ultrasound today and was told that my left ovary is behind my bowel

My gut feeling since My 2008 has been that something is preventing sperm and egg from meeting - this must be it...I get all the pg symptoms yet bfn and the worst of all is the L leg cramping...

My right ovary is fine but I do not have a right tube becuz an ectopic pregancy blew it away.

My Q.
    1. Might this be the reason i have being ttc?
    2 Can the ovary be repositioned through laporoscopy????

I just want a baby....
    You would have to talk to your doctor but if it isn't stuck or can be unstuck, then it can be repositioned. They could also make sure your tube isn't stuck as well.

Good luck!

Cagu
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Beksma - thank you.

IUI 1&2 April & May 2009
    Nautral Miracle.
    Lord into your hand I comitt this pregnancy.Amen
    2/May/2010 - BFP
    Beta #1 CD28 -114 #2 CD29-175 #3 CD30-281#4 CD31- 473

God please show me grace and mercy.This is your making Lord. May your name be praised in the world.Amen I: :

TBeStill
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cagu: It is perfectly normal when having an endovaginal Ultrasound for your ovary to be "behind your bowel". It has to do with the positioning of the Ultrasound probe.... It's scanning through your vaginal cuff and into the area of the cervix and uterus... when ovaries are perfectly positioned if you have full bowels, it can create "shadows" that "hide" your ovaries to the Ultrasound technologist. Bowel loops full of fecal matter and air can cause limitations on Ultrasound... i wouldn't be worried about that comment at all and doubt it has anything to do with your TTC.

-TBeStill
    aka Ultrasound Technologist for 10 years

p.s. it is also normal to have pg symptoms without being pg, as all the same hormones are building, ie progesterone, and can cause tender breasts, nausea, fatigue, etc. until AF comes and then we get back to normal. I have learned my body will tease me everytime if I listen to those symptoms...
    me:31
    DH: almost 32
    married since 2000

2004-2009 -male factor
    2/09 - DH put on Clomiphene
    5/09 - SA is A-OK
    11/09 - HSG (bilateral blockages + septate uterus)
    12/09 - Lap resulting in one good side (the left)
    3/10 - 1st round of Clomid (50)