FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Bilateral Bocked tubes

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jen79
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Bilateral Bocked tubes

Hello-

I am wondering if anyone can give me any idea as to why you would have 2 blocked tubes with blockage right at the uterus, with no prior surgeries, infections, or anything for that matter. I had a lap done 5/09 and had very mild endo removed which were no where near my tubes, and was told both my tubes look healthy, no hydrosalpinx, but the only way for me to concieve is through IVF.. I am so confused because I really trust my Ob in saying this is my only option, but have researched the fact that you can canulize and open them...I am getting ready to start IVF anyday now. I really hope I am making the right decision. Good news is I am young and still have a little bit of time to figure things out. Please help!!

2. Advertisement

NJDawn
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

I had a bilateral hydrosalpinx about 8 years ago. Doctor did lap surgery to open them, however, he did state that even though they are open there can still be fragments within the tubes which would prevent a pregnancy.

Trusting your doctor is extremely important, and it's good that you trust him/her but if you have questions, you should ask them.

Good luck in your upcoming IVF cycle.

Dawn

Jen79
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Dawn!!
    I too have heard that even when unblocked it may still not do much to help as far as pregnancy which is on the main reasons why I moved directly onto IVF. I just keep finding conflicting info and my RE said she would like to repeat the lap because "she does more of them" and possibly open them herself. I decided not to waste any more time and just go for it with IVF. Thanks again!

NJDawn
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

I'm sure some people have success once their tubes are open, however, I too didn't wait too long after (6 months actually) my lap and reconstructive surgery to repair my tubes. Is it the RE that performed the lap or your OB/GYN? I'd be surprised if it was the RE who suggested that you undergo another procedure to "possibly" open them. Good choice to proceed to IVF. When you do go through your IVF, my advice to you, if you don't mind, don't miss a shot, don't forget...oops, I forgot, keep a chart if you have to (I did), set alarms on your phone or whatever, make it part of your daily routine just like brushing your teeth. Also, ask your RE if they have a med donation program where other patients donate their unused meds to another patient, it could save you money on the costs of meds.

All the best to you.

Dawn

Jen79
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually it was mt RE who wanted to repeat the lap and possibly open the tubes, I really trust my ob/gyn she is awesome and I knew she would do what was best for me. She is very well known. Did you have your hydrosalpinx corrected before your IVF??

I actually just ordered meds and did not even think to ask about donated ones, it was actually through a NJ pharmacy schraps (sp?) they will be delivered tommorow. I don't think I will miss a shot because I am absolutely obsessed about this whole process it is on my mind contantly!! Crazy I know, but I cannot help and and have taught myself almost everything I needed to know, and how it works... that is just how I am I guess....As for you are you getting ready for another cycle??

NJDawn
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jen,

So that I do not offend, please see my "about me" profile and let me know if you would like to continue talking to one another.

Dawn

Jen79
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dawn-

Actually that is awesome that you are helping someone especially me ; ) out I think it is great to hear that it worked for you!! It does not offend me at all but thanks for sharing with me. So if you don't mind me asking how old were you when it worked and how many times did it take before your BFP?? So you have a DD from it? That is great you are hear to lend help to others!!

NJDawn
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

PG and Child Mentioned

Jen,

I'm so glad that we can continue to write! I'm so afraid to offend or hurt someone, it is not my intention. I've been in your shoes, so I know what I went through.

I did my first and only IVF with ICSI in November of 2001, I was 34. I actually found my folder last night, it has the dates of the blood tests, ultrasounds, shots, how many follicles, their sizes, retrieval and transfer info. And yes, I have one daughter, she's all I need!

Dawn

Jen79
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is awesome it worked for the first time, and IVF even in the past few years have been gaining success, I don't know what the chances were than but I am sure not as good as todays rates. And every year it keeps getting better!!

I just got my box of med this am and it is very overwhelming...I am on Follistim and it came with a pen that looks like something I have never seen before. have absolutely no idea how to use it, I work in the vet industry as a reg. vet tech and we surely have nothing like that!! Did you use Folisitm or gonal F??

NJDawn
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know all those meds sitting on the table is pretty scary but you'll get through it, one step at a time. I used Gonal F but check out the Follistim website, I am sure that the pen is alot easier than mixing your meds like I had to do. I also used Repronex.

I wish you all the best of luck with your cycle. Please, if you have any other questions, let me know.

Dawn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast