FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
laparoscopy

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    wantababy786
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

laparoscopy

Hi All,

I just had a lap on thursday and the doc hasn't called me yet but she told my husband all was clear except i had 2 bowel adhesions which is very likely the cause of my pain painful bowel movements during af...

i'm going to call the doc tomm and get more detail but i wanted to know from you guys..can bowel adhesions cause infertility? also, in a laparoscopy can they tell if your tubes are blocked or anything by scar tissue? i had a saline ultrasound and my tubes were totally clear in that

2. Advertisement

lw962
    this TTC crap has not been a joy ride!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Hi,
    I had a lap recently too. I had all the implants and adhesive bands removed. Yes, endo can cause infertility and from my understanding, once endo has been removed/ treated, pg rates increase 6-9 months post lap. Im sure your doc removed your adhesions too. My doc took plenty of pics and reviewed them with me.
    A sure way of determining if your tubes are open in thru an Hsg. if you had one conducted during your lap, then clear tubes can be evaluated. Saline u/s are truely used to evaluated the uterine cavity and not the tubes. Maybe you can request and Hsg instead.

this is assuming your adhesions were caused by endo and not PID/ etc.
    Last edited by lw962; 05-31-2009 at 10:55 PM.

wantababy786
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    i did not have any endo at all
    my adhesions were only on my bowel
    the gyno specifically told my husband i had no signs of endo just an adhesion on my bowel causing pain..u don't have to have endo to have adhesions

lw962
    this TTC crap has not been a joy ride!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Want- most often adhesions r caused by endo so my response was regarding endo adhesions which could also form adhesions on the bowel. Sorry I couldn't help more.

So what caused ur adhesions?

wantababy786
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    don't be sorry =)
    she has no idea what caused it she said it was like an adhesion/inflamed area...which makes sense bc it is painful bowel movements that were driving me nuts
    she said there were no signs of endo at all and that there was nothing in my pelvic area at all, she said my oavries, tubes, everything were totally clear and she said that the adhesion on my bowel has nothing to do with fertility
    i am just glad there was no endo and the adhesions are gone so i dont have to deal with more pain..i for sure thought i would be loaded with endo on the ovaries and pelvic area

tac
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck with everything. I had a lap in March, and got pregnant in April. I had developed a cyst on one of my tubes. They removed the cyst, performed ovarian drilling, check my tubes, and did a diagnostic D&C.

goingcrazy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. I had a lap two weeks ago and I also had bowel adhesions that are not endometriosis. My doctor said that the first six months after this procedure are generally pretty fertile months. Also, I was wondering about your pain. I had the lap because I am suffering from unexplained infertility, but I have been having pain on my left side for about three consistent months. As I am healing, I am not sure if my pain was caused by the bowel adhesions or something else. Did your pain subside quickly after the lap or did it take a few weeks?

I hope you are doing well as I see that your lap was a few weeks ago!