FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Adenomysis and Chronic Endometritis

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    henypeny
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Adenomysis and Chronic Endometritis

I have endometriosis just diagnosed and also have been told have adenomysis and chronic endometritis. Does anyone else here also have these 2 issues? I have to do a laparatomy in March to remove the endo and the other 2 issues. I need more encouraging stories about getting pregnant about this two issues because I have not been able to find a lot of info on this.

Thanks in advance!

2. Advertisement

J&FM2005
    tired:-)

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Hi!

I have severe adenomyosis and Stage one endometriosis.

I am 6 weeks pregnant, but we did use IVF to conceive because we also have 2 male factors.

Good luck and don't lose hope!

Jillian

henypeny
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jillian for your very encouraging news.

In my report it was stated, "on the anterior uterus, I had a 1-2 cm area of adenomyosis on the left anterior uterus". Do you think this area can affect implantation because I have not had any positive hpt at all?

Where was your adenomyosis if you don't mind?

Thanks in advance!

J&FM2005
    tired:-)

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Unfortunately, my entire uterus is affected. They had to stop my lap to create a new incision and use an additional tool to life the uterus because it was so heavy and boggy from the adeno.

My doctor described it to me as endometriosis inside the muscle of the uterus as opposed to the outside. Basically, if you think of it as a wall, it was between the sheetrock and the brick.

For me, they do think it could have affected implantation but because of DH's swimmer issues, his guys were porbably not even making it to the egg to begin with.

Have you seen an RE yet?

henypeny
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, we have seen an RE. Will see how the laparatomy goes in March.

Thanks a lot!

averymom07
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had two laporoscopies and hystoroscopies for endo starting at age 21 (27 now). The last surgery they suspected adenomyosis but to my knowledge there is really nothing that can be done about that since it is impossible to get to. I had some blockage in my tubes but 4 months of Lupron and a HSG with dye took care of that. Attempted an IUI but PCOS was discovered and the IUI was canceled. The previous surgeons never looked for PCOS just the endo. Ended up doing IVF and was successful in 2006 and just had a FET last week. My RE was never worried about the endo causing issues with getting pregnant since my tubes and ovaries were free of it. Nothing actually on the inside of my uterus was abnormal. We did an MRI to double check.

All that being said, if your tubes and ovaries are clear of the endo and you don't have severe PCOS then I would say you could very likely get pregnant naturally or with help of Clomid or IUI. They may also want to check your hubby b/c 50% of infertility issues is b/c of a male factor believe or not. I hope this helps.

etihweinna
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ladies,

I was happy to see the adenomyosis post as I haven't seen much on here in that regard. I actually do not have endometriosis, but do have severe adenomyosis along with luteal phase defects and anticardiolipin antibody syndrome. As a result of the combination of adeno and ACAS, I've had several miscarriages, but was able to successfully carry my daughter to term (even though I spent the entire pregnancy on bed rest). We're currently in the process of trying again, so I can vouch for it definitely being possible, especially if it is only in a small area like it sounds like yours is! Best of luck to you!
    Annie (31 - Adeno/ACA/LPD) & DH Mike (34)
    7/1/99 - DD Born!! Keegan Elizabeth
    Overjoyed at our miracles, saddened by too many

[url="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/269c2a"]