FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

brown_eyed_girl
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Testing after IUI

Hi ladies,

What is the earliest you can test after an IUI. I had a trigger shot of 10,000 units of hCG on July 5th and an IUI on July 7th. I'm 9dpiui today and tested 2 days ago to make sure the hCG trigger was gone....got a BFN. For the heck of it, I tested this morning using a dollar store test ~ I thought I saw a shadow but the results window is so small, I wasn't sure if my eyes were playing tricks on me. I had DH look too and he thought he saw something but wasn't 100% sure. I tested again tonight when I got home from work ~ this time I used a FRER. There is definitely a 2nd line, but it's faint....really faint. Granted I'm not expecting it to be too dark since I'm only 9dpiui. I'm going to test again tomorrow ~ if it's positive I'll test again on Friday as well as go in for a beta. My RE usually does betas on 12 dpiui if AF hasn't shown, but I think he'll do it a day early if I have a positive home test. Anyway, I'm wondering if I can be cautiously optimistic about tomorrow's test being positive or if I should just chalk today's results up to the leftover trigger.

2. Advertisement

rubybaby
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I personally have tested 14 days post IUI got a BFN and AF came. However, my friend POAS got BFN then went to RE for beta and got BFP. Any symptoms yet?

brown_eyed_girl
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ruby,

I've had a mix of symptoms including sore bb's and tummy issues but I'm trying not to read too much into those. I tested again this morning with both a $$ store and FRER ~ both show faint positives and both slightly darker than yesterdays. I called my RE and the nurse said I'm on the border of it being a false positive (which sounded strange to me since I'm 12dptrigger) ~ she was going to ask the RE if I should go in Friday for a beta or wait until the weekend. If I have to wait, I won't be able to go until Sunday which is ok since I'll be 13dpiui then. Guess I get to hurry up and wait.

rubybaby
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I have had 4 IUIs and each time they have suggested I wait until 14 days afterward because of false positives. But I always got BFNs because I am a POAS addict. Anyway, the symptoms you are feeling could possibly be the after effect of the HCG, your period, or BFP. I'm hoping those positives mean something!!

If you don't mind my asking, what stims did you use?

brown_eyed_girl
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My RE's office called me back ~ my doctor disagreed with the nurse and doesn't think it's too early. So, I'm going in for a beta tomorrow and a repeat on Sunday. I'm not getting my hopes up yet but I'm feeling cautiously optimistic.

As for my stims, my first IUI w/ injectables was a BFN. For that cycle I was on 75iu of Follistim for 7 days and had the trigger shot 36 hours before my IUI. AF arrived on 12dpiui. This time it was 100iu of Follistim for 5 days, 75iu for 2 days, then the trigger shot and my IUI 36 hours later.

rubybaby
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed
    It makes sense to do a beta because they can see the number and check to see if it's doubling, which wouldn't happen with just a trigger. Keep me posted. I did 75 Follistim and they wanted to put me on 100 the second time, but I haven't gone back yet. It's so expensive and my insurance doesn't cover it.

How many follies did you have? I only had two on 75.

Praying for high beta tomorrow.