FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

Ontario14
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Exersaucer height

At what point do you raise the height of the exersaucer? When LO's knees appear bent? But if he can't bend his knees, then he'll never be able to jump around in it...there are no instructions, help!

2. Advertisement

bhob1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's my understanding that they are not supposed to be flat footed in it - should always be on their toes.

Anyone else heard the same thing?

TSQUARE
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Conflicting advice for height...I was under the impression that they should not stand flat footed (so bent knees would be a good sign to raise it). But then there are those who say that exersaucers create toe-walkers.

My DD loved to jump around in her exersaucer. My daycare provider didn't raise it and let her jump around. She also raised her pwm two kids with the "don't let them stand flatfooted" camp of thinking and her two kids were not toe walkers.

So having said that, I'm no help, but thought I'd give you my two cents.

Good luck!
    We have been BLESSED beyond measure.
    IVF #1 (ICSI & AH) - DD born 4/12/2007
    (a single embryo success story!)

AnnetteG
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by bhob1
    It's my understanding that they are not supposed to be flat footed in it - should always be on their toes.

Anyone else heard the same thing?
    This is what I've heard also... however DS is so tall that even when he was first introduced to the exersaucer, he was nearly flat footed in it. DD was the same, too.

Now at one year, we still use it a little to keep him contained. Since we have hard floors, he drags it around and uses it more as a walker (we have the saucer that doesn't have a bottom but is supposed to have a stationary leg that they can walk around). DS has thigh muscles to die for
    Proud Mommy of &

Ontario14
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm son confused...lol. I figure if he's having fun in it, and not trying to crawl out, it's ok at the current height...for now.

njmama
    is not a good multi-tasker...
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by TSQUARE
    .I was under the impression that they should not stand flat footed (so bent knees would be a good sign to raise it). But then there are those who say that exersaucers create toe-walkers.Good luck!
    Seven years ago when my first DD was a preemie, the doctors told me absolutely no way have an exersaucer or a walker (there are studies that show that walkers deter walking by as much, sometimes, as 2-3 months).
    However, this DD is NOT a preemie, and she loves the exersaucer that someone else (not me! LOL) bought for her.
    She's not in it a lot, and when she is, it's not for longer than about 1/2 hour.
    I think that's where the controversy comes in.
    Currently, my DD is not quite flat footed in it, but not on her toes either. She can jump around a little.
    So, try a happy medium between the two.
    njmama