FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Please Help! I'm Pregnant with Triplets and don't know if I should reduce...

angiepo
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Please Help! I'm Pregnant with Triplets and don't know if I should reduce...

How are you? So I'm trying to contact people because I'm desperate, I'm losing my head and would love some help in such of difficult time, I'll tell you about my situation: I'm torn, I'm pregnant with triplets, so far they seem healthy, I have a 2 year old son who's autistic and was born at 39 weeks, I have pre diabetes (have been on metformin for 10 years) my blood pressure coming into the pregnancy isn't as low as it was when I went into my first pregnancy, I'm 11 weeks pregnant, the nt scan results were 1.1, 1.6 and 1.1, I'm 31 and because of the nt results she doesn't wanna do CVS, she also said she doesn't wanna poke my uterus more times than necessary,they found a hematoma In my cervix, I've bled a couple of times during this 11 weeks. My doctor suggested to reduce because of the obvious risks of a triplet pregnancy plus the details I gave you. I'm Torn since I don't know what to do, I was a little bit more inclined to reduce until I saw them but at the same time I'm so scared of having preemies, I have a cousin who was born at 32 weeks and she has some very bad breathing issues, I don't know what to do

2. Advertisement

SC-Kelley M.
    has no status.
    Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Angiepo,

I'm so sorry, I can't imagine how you must feel. I moved your post and made it a new one to try and get some more visibility. I haven't had to go through this, but I wanted to share a website with you. This a place where women go to write about their experience with selective reduction. I'm not sure if they offer "advice" per se, but these are the personal stories of women who have been in your shoes. I hope that reading these helps you feel not-so-alone.

a Mother to one: support for women and their choices - Mother-to-one