FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

momslikeme
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone Have Brown Discharge About A Week after Selective Reduction?

I had SR 5 days ago and today had a little brown discharge. Anyone else have this? Any idea what it is?

Thanks

2. Advertisement

momto3angels
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I do not recall having brown discharge but my reduction was almost 5 years ago. The Brown discharge is most likely old blood and I do recall reading somewhere that light spotting after a reduction is not uncommon, so it's most likely what you're experiencing right now. I wouldn't be too concerned about it if it's just a little and it stops after a few days, but if you are concerned, don't hesitate to contact your OB/Peri and ask for an u/s or fetal heartbeat check, just to relieve your concern.

Hope that helps.
    April
    April
    Mom to angels: Hannah, Ryan and Abby. 10/24-10/28/03.
    Earth Angels: Joey b 5/08/05 and Laura b 5/26/07
    ==
    A butterfly lights beside us like a sunbeam. And for a brief moment, Its glory and beauty belong to our world…But then it flies on again, And though we wish it could have stayed, We feel so lucky to have seen it.

samantha1234
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    i didnt have any discharge at all. i also remember that some spotting was normal/possible. i dont know what it is from, but if you have any concern i would call the tdoc. i dont think they would mind.

im2003
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd call the doctor just to be sure, but like April said: brown means old. Problems usually involve larger amounts of bright red blood (and pain).

IM

malin
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I had some brown discharge over the course of several days after my reduction. The after-care sheet that my dr gave me said that this was normal - but if there was heavy, period-like bleeding, you should call as this would warrant a follow-up U/S.