FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Anthem Blue Cross CA - coverage inquiry

Fertile41
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Anthem Blue Cross CA - coverage inquiry

Does anyone have experience with Anthem Blue Cross and fertility treatments?
    My coverage says it's not covered but I was wondering if there are any exceptions you may know of considering I'm in my 40s and IUI hasn't worked. I'm reading about some insurance companies covering treatment for over 40 women and don't know how to find out the details. They are very tight lipped when I call and all the out of pocket I'm paying they don't even apply toward my deductible from doctor visits to scans. Very frustrating!

2. Advertisement

dawnk
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the bad news, but we did not have any coverage through Anthem for IUI either. Mine was before age 35, though; I am not aware of any loopholes for women over 40. The only thing I found that would possibly be covered is if the man goes through a prostate screening; but be sure to have this done at a urologist, not through the fertility clinic. Basically anything done at the fertility clinic will be denied, because your goal is to become pregnant. It seems that insurance companies will cover anything to help you NOT be pregnant, but won't cover anything to HELP you become pregnant.
    Thanks Fertile41 thanked for this post

mcmccarthy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wvgshghgkhfuuffhkkvnn bnjkjhjjjhhhhhhifhgmkjgmkvurqdvad zcbljxghnj

Roadrunner
    Newbie!

Post Thanks / Like
    We have anthem BC and are in Cali. They are covering 8k for in network for the 1st year and 15k lifetime. Its 90% coverage for in network. There's no age limit that we saw on our plan. Its through hubbies work though if that makes any difference. Sorry new to this. x