FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Belle'sMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

What a yucky feeling

Well, I'm new. I suppose u know how much that sux already. First visit w/ RE was 4-2011 and he was unfortunately brutely honest from minute 1 about my chances so I suppose all the "great" news since really shouldn't have been so overwhelming, but it's horrible still. I just don't have anyone to talk to about it and my DH, though I feel fortunate to have him, is similar to what it must be like to be married to a rock...just sits there...silent and un-aware always.

I was given max meds from the start and had no response what-so-ever. My RE just tells me I'm so old(38) and should've done this 10 years ago. So now I take 25mg of DHEA 3 times a day, 200mg of Co-Q10 2 times a day, plus 3 400mcg of folic acid, and a prenatal daily. RE won't let me try again until Feb 2012. Oddly RE said I "couldn't wait, and this had to be done now due to all my problems" before my cancelled cycle. O- and make sure to stay positive and optimistic.

I just will be sitting here and find myself crying all of a sudden. I feel pathetic about it really, but what do you do otherwise at this point. Have u noticed that it seems literally everyone is prego or just had one everywhere u look. Even the new tv series I just started watching...it's supposed to be a scary show...she's prego by a freakin ghost. I know, dumb. Guess I'm just trying to reach out to something.
    Me 38 DH 50
    3 Fur-kids:1 dog, 2 cats
    Fibroids, cysts, polyps, bilat hydros, Endo,
    scarred ovaries, and reduced egg supply

10-2011: IVF#1-Cancelled-No Response
    75mg DHEA & 400mg Co-Q10
    Resting ovaries until Feb 2012

2-5-2012 Ivf #2
    225 follistim 225 repronex
    ER 2-15:6 eggs 4 fertilized
    ET:5dt of 3 blasts(2-DC, 1-CC)
    1 grade B frozen(slow divider)
    Beta 2/29: BFN

2. Advertisement

SC-Impatient_in_VA
    *ments* Baby pic in album
    Site Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    First off, what is your FSH/AMH reading? Your doctor doesn't sound terribly sensitive to this issue, and has absolutely no right to tell you that you should've tried to have kids at 28. That's your business, and you're not paying him for his opinion on how you should have conducted your uterus in the past.

The waiting til February is because it takes 3 months for those supplements he prescribed to have any effect whatsoever. And also because cycling in November and December can be a stressful pain in the butt. I agree that if you're starting those supplements in late Oct/early Nov, that there's no point doing IVF til February. You want to make sure that whatever effect the supplements have has time to take effect before you spend money and emotional energy again. You may also want to ask him if he feels that royal jelly with bee pollen would hurt -- it may or may not help (there's no real evidence supporting it, but many older ladies swear it did the trick for them) but if he doesn't think it'll hurt, you might as well try it. Acupuncture too, if you can find it/afford it in your area.

I know that it is very, very frustrating and depressing to sit around and think that you might not be a mother -- but if you're serious about being a mom, and not too tied to the idea of your own DNA, there are other options if your own eggs don't work out. Options that are very, very likely to work (donor eggs, donor embryos) so don't lose faith in your dream of becoming a mother. We all have to find our own path, for some it's just a little easier than others! Good luck to you & don't hesitate to post questions or comments & really dig in to the site -- there's a lot of information here, and a lot of sympathetic ears!

Belle'sMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My ovarian assessment report from 4-2011 had the following: FSH 6.47, Estradiol 112, LH 1.8, AMH 0.45, Inhibin B 121.3. Day 3 testing. It was noted that because my estradiol was that elevated on day 3 testing that is would make the FSH and Inhibin B levels and calculated Egg retrieval score inaccurate. ERS said 5 eggs from stims. For the Oct stimulation, I did sub-q injection of follistim 225iu in the am and 225iu repronex in the pm. RE said that was max dose. 1st u/s they said i had 4 follies on the right and maybe 3 on the left, and E2 was 100. 2nd u/s the bigggest on the left was only 9mm and the rest on both sides were small, E2 was only 154. They cancelled due to no response. Both ovaries have significant scarring and adhesions, diminished blood supply on the right side. The 2nd surgery they lasered free my large intestine due to attachement to right ovary. Among tons of other "great" things. RE said from day one we would be lucky to even get 1, so its just a cruddy reality to face. My DH "loaned" me the money 2 attempt IVF 1 time. So unfortunately the cost of doner eggs is too great and not a reachable goal for me, much less the cost of adoption. As far as Royal Jelly...totally did that, spent over $100 at the natural store. Fertility smoothies...RE said no, don't do it again!
    Me 38 DH 50

75mg DHEA & 400mg Co-Q10

2-5-2012 Ivf #2

SC-Impatient_in_VA
    *ments* Baby pic in album
    Site Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    It sounds like your doctors are doing everything they can at this point. I really hope that this cycle is the magic one for you!

Belle'sMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    TY, gl this month. I appreciate ur thoughts.
    Me 38 DH 50

75mg DHEA & 400mg Co-Q10

2-5-2012 Ivf #2

Simmone
    about to try for #3 after #2 went to heaven

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Tired
    Good luck!! If you are waiting 3 months I'd suggest a detox. Check out the fertility kitchen - and my blog on here. I was successful with IUI after a detox and I'm 34. Anything to help. And bonus is you lose weight, helps regulate your cycle and improve egg quality.

Oh and I agree no one business about how you conducted your uterus in the past. You just need help for the future.

Feel free to PM me if your interested in more about detox/fertility diets!