FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

kissycole
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Clomid pain?

Hi everyone,
    I am on my second round of Clomid at 100 mg. This is day 24 of my cycle. i haven't taken Clomid in 15 days. But yet I am getting pain in my abdomen that just started tonight. I am really worried because I never had that before. It almost feels like a stretchy sensation in my lower abdomen and it hurts to touch it and most embarrassingly to go to the bathroom. It also hurts more when i walk around. I was just wondering if anyone taking Clomid has experienced this. It is having me worried because I don't want to develop OHSS. Any advice would be appreciated. I can't afford to see my doctor right now because my insurance isn't covering him anymore. I just don't know what to do.

2. Advertisement

Trubbel464
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, this sounds like what I have just gone thru. I am on CD 22 after 100mg of Clomid from days 5-9. I have just been to the hospital because the pain was so bad and the same when I went to the bathroom, the pain just shot thru me. And the walking around part was me as well, I felt soooo bloated. After an ultrasound and some agonizing waiting in emergency, they told me I have 2 small cysts on my left ovary. Now what to do? I am going to call my RE tomorrow and find out what this means. I will keep you updated, I too thought about the OHSS. But not to worry I was told that you can have cysts and still be pregnant. Take care and good luck TTC. I was already told that I did not get pregnant this month. Did you have any problems ovulating with the Clomid? I always have gotten signs that I was ovulating prior to going on the Clomid and this cycle I did not experience any signs of CM and no positive OPK after 7 days of testing I gave up because of the pain.

kissycole
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like your pain got worse than mine did although it did hurt pretty bad. I took an ovulation test kit on day 17 and it said I got my LH surge but when I got my progesterone test results he said I didn't ovulate. I thought that was kind of funny considering I got my surge. Can you get your surge and still not ovulate? All this is sooo confusing. Good luck with your cysts. I hope the RE can help you.Thanks for your reply

Trubbel464
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not too sure about the whole surge and progesterone question, but if you don't mind me asking, how long are your cycles? I am just curious because you said you did an ovulation kit test on day 17 of your cycle. I am just wondering if maybe I am doing the test too soon or not soon enough. I did get a call back from the RE's office today and I have to fax them the results from the u/s seeing as I got it done in the hospital. Also told her that I didn't get a color change and she said that's weird because you have got cysts so you must have....???? Don't know what that's supposed to mean. I hear you when you say this is all too confusing. GGRRRRR

kissycole
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, before I started taking my clomid my cycles would last anywhere from 37 to 65 days. The doctor I am seeing says it is because I wasn't ovulating. Now since I started the clomid I am hitting right on 30 days. But yet I am still not ovulating! I just want to scream sometimes. I thought as soon as I was taking the meds I would get pregnant but it is not happening for us. I am going to start on 150 mg this month and if it doesn't do it for us he is going to do more tests. But I am scared to take it because of the lower abdominal pains. But I guess no pain, no gain huh?

diannak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was diagnosed with endometriosis last September after suffering a ruptued chocolate cyst. Prior to that In I had started on Clomid( December 2003) I had 2 cycles but started suffering extreme pain in my abdomen. This pain was left me unable to move,sick and left me with the feeling of being kicked and punched for about a week afterwards. After 3 cycles the clomid stopped working for meand I was no longer ovulating. I later found out that it had increased my endometriosis with was the reason for my pain. If the pain is too bad you must make sure you go back to your doctor.
    Last edited by diannak; 10-28-2005 at 03:50 PM. Reason: mistake

firewife
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Ladies,

I don't want to butt in. But I have been on clomid off and on for over 2 years. Well when I started taking 100mg of clomid. the second month taking them I got those pains that you are talking about. I spoke to not only my RE but some clomid buddies I have online. The pains hurt so bad you couldn't have sex. and it hurt to use the bathroom. almost felt like just peeing you were peeing out a stone or something. Well what I found out was the same times I got those pains where the same days I got a positive ovulation test. so my Re told me those are ovulation pains. they are different for everyone. but that was what I was told. the following 2 months. I watched closer. and Since I have a blocked left tube. I could actually feel what side the pain was on. so I knew what tube I was ovulating from.
    I hope this helps. But there are chats on line of just women who use clomid. they have listings of symptoms. and everything