FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

zavon82
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Pregnant with triplets and terrified

After three years, a miscarriage and four ivf cycles I'm finally pregnant. When we saw it was triplets my dr wanted me to reduce because of the risks and my size (short and underweight). This is something I just couldn't go through.

We were supposed to do a preventive cerclage but I had bleeding due to a blood clot in the uterus. After it stopped I began a new bright red daily bleed (not spotting) that has been going on for a whole month and not getting better. No cerclage now of course and my dr doesn't do emergency ones because of the risks.

My current bleed is unexplained but dr thinks it may be due to a low lying placenta even though I thought that never caused bleeding and so much of it in the first trimester.

I feel that I have so many risk factors that I cry all the time and don't sleep at all. I can't imagine this being a successful pregnancy at all and don't even look at the babies when we have an ultrasound because I don't want to get attached to them and then lose them.

Nobody understands how much I'm suffering, I've been through three years if infertility and tears and now I'm in the middle of a scary pregnancy I can't enjoy or relax at all.

Thank you for reading and please give me any advice because I feel very alone.

2. Advertisement

WhitneyAtFertilityAuthority
    reaching out

Post Thanks / Like
    zavon82: I am so sorry to read about your personal journey in fertility treatments and disappointments. Now that you are finally pregnant.......bleeding.......^%$#!!! I can hear how much you are suffering and I'm so very sorry. What does the doc say? I hope you get to settle into a healthy, strong pregnancy with multiples. When you finally look at the screen and get attached to your babies....you won't feel so alone. Let's just take it one step at a time. Warm hugs.
    Last edited by Stargazerlily1; 08-09-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Stargazerlily1
    spelling challenged
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool
    I'm sorry for all you have gone through and all you are now experiencing. I know the bleeding is scary. Many women have been through heavy bleeding, often unexplained, in pregnancy with multi's or singles. I have been through some heavy bleeding and my babies were fine. It is possible. How far along are you? Hang in there! Unfortunately, all you can do is try to stay strong and wait it out. We are here for you if you need to vent. I'm praying everything is just fine with all 3 of your precious babies.
    Last edited by Stargazerlily1; 08-03-2012 at 09:54 PM.
    Heather
    IVF 2/05 transferred 2, 10 frozen BFP Boy
    FET #1 2/07 trans 2, BFP m/c at 5.5wks
    FET #2 5/07 trans 2, BFP Twins g/b
    FET #3 8/09 trans 2, BFP Twins b/b
    FET #4 11/11 trans 2, BFN
    FET #5 1/12 trans 2, BFP, beta 12dp3dt 156, 14dp 412, 18dp 2470, 21dpt 6326
    with one surviving twin, our last miracle

Due any day now

BC of IVF, Multi IVF'ers, and Pregnant w/ Multiples

lakersgrl
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there,

I just waned to send u virtual hugs and let u know how sorry I'm for what u r going through. I hope u will feel just a little less "alone". Hang tight, it's not over until it's over. As previous posters said, lots of women bleed in the first trimester and go on to have healthy babies. I hope your doc is closely monitoring u and your babies. Stay strong. Will keep u in my thoughts.