FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    zavon82
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. I'm not sure if this thread is still active. I'm 12 weeks with fraternal triplets from our fourth ivf cycle. I haven't been able to feel excited at all due to having a lot of bleeding since we got pregnant. I have both a blood clot and a low lying placenta. Also my dr wanted to perform a cerclage but cancelled it due to the bleeding.

I'm really scared of all the potential complications as well as the already high risk nature of a triplet pregnancy.

I'm glad to find this thread and hope we all have healthy babies at the end of this.

Can I know if anyone here has made it to 28 weeks without a cerclage? I'm on bed rest for the whole pregnancy but dr made the cerclage sound like a nessesasity and now I'm worrying about not having one.

2. Advertisement

nursemeow
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by zavon82 View Post
    Hello. I'm not sure if this thread is still active. I'm 12 weeks with fraternal triplets from our fourth ivf cycle. I haven't been able to feel excited at all due to having a lot of bleeding since we got pregnant. I have both a blood clot and a low lying placenta. Also my dr wanted to perform a cerclage but cancelled it due to the bleeding.

I'm really scared of all the potential complications as well as the already high risk nature of a triplet pregnancy.

I'm glad to find this thread and hope we all have healthy babies at the end of this.

Can I know if anyone here has made it to 28 weeks without a cerclage? I'm on bed rest for the whole pregnancy but dr made the cerclage sound like a nessesasity and now I'm worrying about not having one.
    Hi there. I'm almost 20 weeks and my doctor has never mentioned a cerlage. I've read tons of triplet pregnancy blogs and most didn't have one. I'm sorry you're having issues already
    Ivf #1 2/12 BFN
    FET 4/11 Transferred 4 embryos, beta 4/19
    HPT (FRER) 4/15 : BFP!
    Beta 4/19: 231!
    Beta 4/23: 2425
    Beta 4/26: 9324 ultrasound shows triplets!
    2 boys and a girl born at 30weeks 6days 10/23/2012

Stargazerlily1
    spelling challenged
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool
    Nurse - I haven't been pregnant with triplets, only 2 sets of twins. But, that cramping you are feeling is pretty normal, even in a singleton pregnant. It really is. Often it is from your uterus stretching. Because you are caring multi's, your uterus is obviously going to stretch more and sooner. So, those cramps can be pretty intense at times and be a little scary. But it's normal. The other thing that is going to happen, possibly starting pretty soon, is you are going to start getting a lot of Braxton Hicks which are just practice contractions that don't change your cervix. They can hurt and be scary when you first start getting them, but they are VERY common in a multiple pregnancy. And, as you already know, the more babies you have, the more likely you are to have these things and have them in excess. Usually starting to get cramping and contractions is a good time that your body needs you to slow down. Rest as much as possible and stay hydrated. Even though you aren't on actual bedrest, it's important to rest as much as you can. Do you have Dr. Luke's book? I assume you do, but if not, I can give you the name. It was a WONDERFULLY helpful book with great information and a lot of practical advice.

zavon - More I have known many women pregnant with triplets. Most of them don't have a cerclage and I've known many to make it passed 28wks.

To anyone who is interested, we have a support thread for anyone pregnant with multiples, twins, trips, quads +. Right now, we have mostly twin moms on there. And, I've only been pregnant with twins. However, I have been around and supported a lot of women pregnant with trips, even my SIL who had her trips 6wks before my first set of twins. I don't pretend to know exactly what you are going through, but I do know and understand more than the average woman who has never had multi's or researched trips. (I tend to research things I'm support people through. ) The twin moms don't know exactly what trips is like, but they do definitely understand more than someone who is pregnant with a singleton. Multi's is very different from a single. Please feel free to join us. We do have one trip mom who has popped in. The more of you that join us, the more of you that will join....if that makes sense. LOL. Here is a link: http://www.fertilethoughts.com/forum...st-2012-a.html We would love to see you there!
    Heather
    IVF 2/05 transferred 2, 10 frozen BFP Boy
    FET #1 2/07 trans 2, BFP m/c at 5.5wks
    FET #2 5/07 trans 2, BFP Twins g/b
    FET #3 8/09 trans 2, BFP Twins b/b
    FET #4 11/11 trans 2, BFN
    FET #5 1/12 trans 2, BFP, beta 12dp3dt 156, 14dp 412, 18dp 2470, 21dpt 6326
    with one surviving twin, our last miracle

Due any day now

BC of IVF, Multi IVF'ers, and Pregnant w/ Multiples

zavon82
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for your replies, it feels so much better to be in touch with people who understand.

T D
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zavon- I am currently 27wks 5 days with triplets. I haven't been on bedrest and I don't have a cerclage. I do find I have to rest a lot, so I am kind of on my own bedrest, I suppose. I had twins 4 years ago and find this pregnancy to be much different (but that could also be because I am 4 years older, too!). I would definitely recommend getting Dr. Barbara Luke's book ("When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads"). It has been wonderful. This pregnancy certainly has it's scarey times, but hearing other people's positive experiences has helped me, too.
    I hope all is going well for you this week and you are tolerating bedrest well. Keep us posted!
    Cheers-
    T D

zavon82
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    TD- Thanks a lot for replying, it calms me down when I hear that it's possible to get through a triplet pregnancy without extreme measures. My dr made me feel like the cerclage was a life or death thing. I hope you and your babies continue to do well

nursemeow
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    keep us updated!
    Ivf #1 2/12 BFN
    FET 4/11 Transferred 4 embryos, beta 4/19
    HPT (FRER) 4/15 : BFP!
    Beta 4/19: 231!
    Beta 4/23: 2425
    Beta 4/26: 9324 ultrasound shows triplets!
    2 boys and a girl born at 30weeks 6days 10/23/2012

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123