FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Sleeping in the pack n play

AshRS
    is a happy girl :)

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed

Sleeping in the pack n play

We have an Eddie Bauer pack n play playard (actually we have 2 and are using one as a changer, so handy). Anyway, the bassinet part says it should be used only until 15 pounds. It also says not to use with more than 1 baby. Right now we've only been using it downstairs during the day time so they are usually supervised in it unless I'm taking a nap at the same time they are (or I'm on the internet like I am now!) Starting next week we were planning on moving it up to our bedroom to use for nighttime sleep.

My boys right now combined are about 12 pounds, maybe 13. How much do you think the bassinet is really safe for? Should I use it until they add up to 15 pounds or stop using it before this? (the bassinet part I mean, not the regular playard part).

Also, about not using it for more than 1 child...anyone else ignore this? Am I horrible for still putting them in it??
    Me (30) DH (30) married July '08
    TTC #1 since Dec '08; PCOS
    2009 - 2 IUIS - BFN
    Feb 10 - ER for IVF; ET delayed due to OHSS risk - 11 frozen blasts
    Apr 10 -- FET - 2 AA blasts - BFP - 2 boys
    November 29, 2010 - L &R

2. Advertisement

CMR1012
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Tired
    Its crazy you meantion that... I have one that I was debating on using as well.. I made a trip to BRU today... and seems to me the max weight for ANY of them is 20 lbs... that doesnt seem like it would last very long at all... In addition to your question, Id be curious to know if there is a more twin friendly one? or co-sleeper?
    Me=2 7(No tubes, removed from hydros)
    DH=26 Perfect
    TTC = 4 years

IVF #1
    Twin Girls Born Feb 21st, 2011

IVF#2
    Summer 2015

IVF#2
    TBD

cntrygrl23
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Graco Pack N Play Playard with Twins Bassinet 1756938 Kensington

Graco Pack N Play Playard with Twins Bassinet 1756938 Kensington

I didn't check the weight limit but here is one to check out
    HUGS
    Gretchen (38) & Billy (35)
    TTC since 1996
    1 DS Natually 4/94 & 1 DS Gonal F 12/03

IVF 3/09-BFP
    TRIPLETS!!

triple-j
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would think as long as they are not rolling into eachother (from their weight, not b/c they can actually roll yet!) that you are OK to have them both in there for now. But I wouldn't do it past the weight limit.

We had a regular bassinet for our first son. For the new boys, I wanted to have them in our room at night but didn't want to get 2 bassinets. I am a major product researcher and we bought the Arm's Reach Original Co-Sleeper. (Got it on a discount site for half price too!) It is supposed to be great for twins. Weight limit goes up to 30 lbs combined on the bassinet feature (which is the max I ever found) and from what I've read it's not that much bigger than a regular pack n play, if it's bigger at all. We haven't had it out of the box yet though b/c I have also read that it's heavy and doesn't have wheels so once it's set up, it's set up! Guess we should get on that since we are being induced on Monday! Oh, and once we are done with the bassinet, we'll have an extra play yard to use on our second floor.

Hope this helps!

AshRS
    is a happy girl :)

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed
    We have bassinets in addition to the pack n plays but my littlest guy can somehow roll himself on to his side and his face gets too close to the side of the bassinet (makes me nervous!) so I've opted out of using them. I wish I had bought a co-sleeper actually (my doctor recommended one too, but after they were born and I already had the other stuff).
    Me (30) DH (30) married July '08
    TTC #1 since Dec '08; PCOS
    2009 - 2 IUIS - BFN
    Feb 10 - ER for IVF; ET delayed due to OHSS risk - 11 frozen blasts
    Apr 10 -- FET - 2 AA blasts - BFP - 2 boys
    November 29, 2010 - L &R

triple-j
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE: OK, we've only used it 2 nights so far but I really like the co-sleeper. We got the full sized one. It's a great height and really really sturdy. In the Graco pack and play I use in the daytime, the boys tend to drift into eachother (due to their weight) but with the co-sleeper, they stay put.

nelly07
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    This thread is really helpful because we are trying to figure out what makes the most sense to get for our twins (due in May). Sounds like the Arm's Reach Co-sleeper is working out for you Triple-j, let me know if you continue to have a good experience with it
    Me: 33
    12 IUI's & 2 IVF's
    IVF #3 Aug '10 BFP!!!!!

TWINS!!!!
    EDD: May 18, 2011
    WE'RE HAVING A BOY AND A GIRL!!!

volleyballer
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well my little guys haven't arrived yet, but after a ton of research on double pack-n-plays, co-sleepers and bassinets, we decided to just put one of the cirbs next to our bed. Seems like people love or hate all of the options, but we already have 2 cribs, so at least this way it doesn't cost anything for the 3-6 moths they'll be used. We were going to make it like an extended bed with the crib gate off and the crib mattress fastened right next to our bed, but we ended up putting up the gate and it's just a regular crib next to the bed. There's a small gap between the bed and crib so I can get in and out of the bed without crawling to the bottom of the bed where there's floor space for my feet. We'll see how it goes.
    Me 29 PCOS, DH 33
    IVF April/May 2010
    Beta:
    June 6, 6dp5dt: 64
    June 8, 8dp5dt: 220
    June 18, 18dp5dt: 9400
    Born 36w 6d Jan 25, 2011
    Steven 6lb 2oz 20"
    Elias 5lb 13oz 20.25"

cntrygrl23
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Twisted
    we kept the triplets in a crib in our room and used sleep positioners. They started being able to wiggle out of the positioners and we moved them to their own cribs around 5 months old.
    HUGS
    Gretchen (38) & Billy (35)
    TTC since 1996
    1 DS Natually 4/94 & 1 DS Gonal F 12/03

IVF 3/09-BFP
    TRIPLETS!!