FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

rycor
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Need success stories...bleeding w/triplets

Hello everybody,
    Tomorrrow I will be 13 weeks pregnant with triplets. The first eight weeks of our pregnancey were uneventful. At nine weeks we had a scare with one day of bright red bleeding and a trip to the ER. All babies were fine and I continued to spot dark brown for two weeks. Then on Father's Day at 12 and a half weeks we had one night of bright red bleeding again. (I never have cramping with the bleeding.) We had an ultrasound the next morning and again all three babies are fine. The have put me on limited activity ...mainly sitting w/feet up. I am still spotting dark brown. They said one of the placentas is close to my cervix so that is the only spot they can assume the bleeding is coming from. Other than that they don't see anything wrong. The bleeding and spotting is driving me CRAZY!!! Does anyone have success stories of bleeding and ending up with three wonderful babies?? We are very nervous but so far the babies are okay.
    Thanks,
    Cori

2. Advertisement

txblue
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have wonderful babies outside yet, as they are still inside me (26 weeks today) but I do have an early bleeding success story. My pregnancy was completely uneventful until 15 weeks, when I had quite a lot of bright red bleeding with no cramping. I also have a placenta close to the cervix, and on ultrasound, we saw a baby jumping on it, causing a little clot. I stayed home from work for 3 days, and the bleeding stopped. It was followed by brown spotting on and off for about 3 weeks, but I have had no issues since then. I am on bedrest now due to my cervix going from 4cm to 3cm, but that just happened last week and bedrest at this time is quite normal with triplets! Growth checks have shown all 3 of my babies are within the 60-70th percentile for growth (compared to singletons) and are big, strong and beautifully healthy!

I was completely nervous also but so far, everything is going pretty well! I hope your spotting clears up soon and you have a long time of smooth sailing until you have 3 healthy babies!

MMM26
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know its soooooooo scary when you see those gushes of blood, I have been there. I had a spotting episode at 5 weeks with my triplets that was minor. But when I turned 12 weeks (on DH and I's anniversary!), I woke up at 4 am to gushing red blood. I was terrified, but kept telling myself that I was NOT cramping so that has to mean something. I called my RE and he had me take a double dose of my left over PIO (even though I had already stopped it about 1 week earlier). He said I could go to ER or just wait until Monday to come in (it was Sunday). I went back to bed and got up a few more times and it stopped so I felt better. Well at 11am it happened again so I went to the ER. All was well with the babies and they said that it was a possible subchorionic hemmorahage and that baby A's placenta was really close to my cervix and could be irritating it. I spotted brown blood for 2 weeks after that. I didnt have any more bleeding episodes after that. Its really common to spot with multiples in the first trimester. I went on to have my triplets at 30w1d and now they are 22 months old. I did have PTL issues starting at 19 weeks and had a cerclage and bedrest after that. GL hope things continue to go well.

PS if the placenta is close to the cervix now it will most likely move futher away from it as your uterus grows.

Misty
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Sorry to barge- I didn't read the other replies- however, I too had bleeding while pg w/triplets. I bled from approx wks 7 thru 11 of my pg. The peri dx'd a subchorionic hemorraghe (sp?) and put me on 10 days straight bedrest during this time (had to stay home from work). The bleeding did then stop and I carried til 35 wks exactly. My trio just turned 4 yrs old last month and they are very healthy (thank God!) and at birth they were 5 lbs 3 oz, 4 lbs 10 oz, and 3 lbs 12 oz. They came home at 10 days old, 9 days old, and 10 days old, from the hospital. I think bleeding in HOM pg's is quite common.

hoping2bmamaKat
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't have a story to add about triplets, but I want to wish you all the best. It sounds like so far the babies are okay... I hope everything will continue to be fine.

rycor
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for the responses. It definitely makes me feel better. I am going back to the doctor this morning for a recheck but no ultrasound. I'm still spotting but it will probably take awhile for that to stop. Thanks again! I love to hear those success stories

debi6710
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I didn't see this sooner. I hope things are working out for you. I started spotting brown at week 10 (I already had a dr.'s apptment scheduled that day so I didn't bother calling). They said only bright red is an issue, dark brown is old blood. The brown lasted a couple of weeks. We went on an out of town trip (our last) to tell Dh's grandparents about the babies and I had a bleeding scare around week 13. Bleeding bright red and after lying down with elevated feet for 8 hours it hadn't stopped. Called the oncall doc who sent me to the ER to get checked. US showed 3 hbs and we delayed our departure a day so I could rest more. They couldn't see any reason why I was bleeding. I had a follow up visit with high risk when I returned home (we learned the sexes that day too). At 23w I went into PTL and was admitted for 7 weeks of hospital bedrest while they tried to keep my ctx under control. At 30w (the docs were all smiles) they sent me home for more bedrest. My water broke at 32w5d and I delivered by c-section. The babies were 3lb10oz, 4lb3oz, and 4lb5oz at birth. They're 4 1/2 months old now. They are still staggered in terms of size, but generally doing well.

You may want to contact a local Moms of multiples club. Even while I was pg,they were supportive and helpful. After I delivered one of the girls brought dinner one night and the garage sales are a financial lifesaver.

Debi

MelAtl
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a bleeding scare at 9 weeks and have 3 wonderful healthy 11 month olds that I'm watching crawl all over each other right now! I began with light spotting which progressed into passing clots and bright blood by same evening. I had cramps and was filling a pad every couple of hours by the next day - it felt just like AF. There is no way I would have believed there was still one baby let alone three inside at the time. I ended up having 4 ultrasounds over the course of a few days and I will never forget the last one they were all standing on their heads flailing away and there I was still bleeding. Unlike some of the other ladies here, I never got a diagnosis other than "most women carrying triplets have bleeding at some point".

I hope you have found comfort in knowing how common it is and please keep us updated. Best of luck with your little ones!