FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    gsabharw
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Triplets .. Please read and give some insight

A question for everyone and all responses will be appreciated as they help me understand my situation

I am preg with triplets as per my first U/S and I dont want triplets for a fact that it puts my babies as well as me at high risk ....

I have been advised by the doctor in most cases as human body is made only to have one baby at a time when we carry more than one and specially in case of triplets the body at times absorbs one of the babies itself within the first trisemister ( vanishing baby)

I would like to know how many have had triplets and then where down to twins as thats what I want as well as I would like to have healthy babies so that I can give them the best...

any thoughts or any experiences would be a great help

2. Advertisement

chandrea
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    Hi there. I was pregnant with triplets in the early stages of my pregnancy. Unfortunately we lost one at about 8 weeks. It showed during the 10w u/s. It was a very sad time for us. Since it did happen so early in the pregnancy my RE assured me that the other babies would be fine. I am now 29w with b/g twins and everything is going great.

I personally would not have reduced my pregnancy. I know it is a personal choice. My choice was to keep what I was being blessed with. Having triplets doesnt mean you will or wont have healthy babies. You can never guarantee that, even in a singleton birth. I am sure that all of the moms of triplets on here will attest to that.

You have a really big decision ahead of you.

trustinHim
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I too was pregnant with triplets through IVF. At the first u/s at 6 weeks they did not think the 3rd one would be viable based on shape and it was measuring behind. Then at about 6.5 weeks they found a heartbeat and we started to cope with having triplets. At our 8 week ultrasound, the 3rd one had stopped developing and I was told the body would eventually reabsorb it, which happened. We are now 19 weeks pregnant with b/b twins.

I don't think you're body will automatically "absorb" one of the embryos just because there is more than one. If that was the case then you wouldn't see woman having healthy triplets. The body doesn't act on a embryo unless it's not developing right.

Selective reduction did pop into my head. But I got online at the tripletconnection.com and realized it IS doable and MANY woman have done it in the past!! I basically spent every day on that web-site soaking up information.

Another part of me thought when I see God and He asks me what I did with the gifts He gave me, how would I answer Him?

My thoughts are with you during this very difficult process and time.
    I would HIGHLY suggest going to the tripletconnection website.

frauscott
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. I'm currently 31 weeks pregnant with B/B/B triplets. I am a high risk patient due to my age (37), and of course due to the triplets; two of them sharing a placenta.

I, too, had to be counseled regarding selective reduction. We had tried so long (7 yrs) to become pregnant and it was successful via IVF. We had placed 2 5-day embryos.

Know that it can be done. Another poster recommended tripletconnection.com. I too would recommend that website. I have learned so much from that website and the questions other people ask!!

Selective reduction is a personal choice. It was not for me or my husband, but I have read other stories here on this forum where other couples decide for SR. Again, you have to decide for yourself!

Feel free to PM if you have additional questions or concerns. But check out the tripletconnection website....you won't be sorry.

txblue
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also recommend Triplet Connection. Of course there are risks, but the VAST majority are healthy as can be! I have also read that the outcomes in triplet pregnancies are not that different from those reduced to twins. I am 23 weeks pregnant with triplets, and our doctor said the same thing about losing one early in the pregnancy. Guess what - it never happened! All three are perfectly healthy and are growing and getting stronger every day. I am exhausted and will be on bedrest soon, but I don't care. We went through almost 3 years of infertility treatments for these babes and they are worth ANYTHING I have to go through to get them here.

I was also very scared in the beginning, but now I am just determined to keep them inside as long as possible. Some doctors like to tell you horror stories about triplets, but there are great outcomes as well.

jboot
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My g/g/g triplets are 5-1/2 years old. I had them when I was 40 and yes I did worry alot while I was pregnant, but it was never on the top of my list. Each one was born healthy and came home within 2 weeks. Just take one thing at a time. These little girls are very precious to us. They are a handful. They have an older brother. If you can make it through your pregnancy, then you have to get used to the babies coming home. It changes your lifestyle ALOT, but you will survive! People ask us how we ever did it, and we just answer that we just did it. It doesn't get any easier, just better. In the ways that as they get older, they get a little more independent. Just hang in there. jboot

LittleaBige
    has no status.
    PCOS
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Quote Originally Posted by trustinHim

Another part of me thought when I see God and He asks me what I did with the gifts He gave me, how would I answer Him?

Very well put!!

Christi
    Me (30) DH (37)
    Taylor (9) 12/08/2001
    Ava and Ethan (4) 07/10/2007

momheather2007
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was pregnant with triplets last year and SR was not for me. All three looked great on u/s and measured on target, then at 16 weeks we inexplicably lost one. We were very sad and a tiny bit relieved. Now I have beautiful B/G twins who are 4 1/2 months old and wouldn't change it for the world. Good luck!
    FET #1 2011
    IVF #1 2007: boy/girl twins
    Adoption: DD

MMM26
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have triplets and they are all fraternal. I carried to 30w1d. I didnt have any health issues with me or the babies while in utero, it was my cervix that caused problems. It was incompetent and baby A ended up rupturing her membranes, which lead to the early delivery. GL with your choices, its scary, but triplets can have good outcomes too.

sa23nike
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was scared like you when we found out it was three. It made me feel very guilty and selfish, but I believe it is a natural reaction.
    I asked my doctor if there was any reason to believe I couldnt carry the three and deliver healthy babies. It was a personal choice but I had no reason to believe I couldnt do it.
    It is a lot of dedication and you have to be willing to do the work-eating right, bed rest.etc.
    I have three beautiful boys! www.ourtripletboys.blogspot.com I carried to 33 wks 5 days. they were in the 4 lb range and they are the love of my life!
    i was fortunate with my pregnancy so you need to decide about SR. there is a thread on it.
    good luck to you!!!!
    sue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast