FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

mrgn
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Crinone 8% Gel

Hi, Is anyone taking Crinone 8% Gel (Progesterone)? I am 11 weeks pregnant with twins and have been on Crinone for almost 12 weeks. Yesterday I noticed the brownish discharge after I went to the bathroom. I looked at it and I think it may be due to gel accumulation that was built up inside my uterus. I am hoping this is what it is. I am not having miscarriage symptoms such as bleeding, pain and cramping, etc. I am trying hard to stay positive until I have an ultrasound next week. Does anyone experience the discharge while on Crinone?

Thanks,
    mrgn

2. Advertisement

chandrea
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    Hi mrgn-
    I had to use Prog suppositories for the first 12 weeks of my pregnancy. I had some colored discharge (brown with red) at one time throughout the 12 weeks. The OB said that as because the cervix can get dried out and irritated from the supps. I didnt try the gel though, but I am assuming it can do the same thing. How long do they want you to use it?

Chandrea

mrgn
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chandrea,
    Thanks for your reply. My last day to use the Crinone is Sunday, April 13th. Believe it or not, I am counting the days! I'll keep you posted after I have an ultrasound on the 14th.

Mrgn

yelhsalehcar
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    I used Prochieve 8% which is the same thing as Crinone 8%, but I luckily was able to get off the meds at 7 wks 5 days (I begged my doctor!) I never had any brownish discharge but definitely would get "chunks" of gel.

mrgn
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I just had First Trimester Prenatal Screening and Ultrasound Exam. Seeing both babies made me relieved. I won't find out the results till next week for Nucal Translucency,Trisomy 18, etc. I will ask OB if Twin B is doing ok because Twin A seems to be very active than Twin B. I guess it's typical of the twins.

Mrgn

chandrea
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    Hi Mrgn-
    I bet you are happy that you have been able to stop the Crinone! And it sounds like your u/s went great too! Dont worry about the difference in activity. I had an u/s this morning and my son was so much more active then my daughter. All she did was try to suck on her hands LOL! He kicked the u/s scanner plenty of times! He will probably be a lot more active then her when they come out. Everything else was great. I couldnt have asked for a better visit. He weighs 1lb9oz and she weighs 1lb6oz. And they both measure where they should be, I am currently 24 weeks. She measured just a couple days behind him but the peri said that was typical. So no worries! I just love u/s day! Let me know when you get your results back! Just remember, they may also be on different sleeping schedules now too. So that may explain the difference in activity!

Take care,
    Chandrea

sakura_tk
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mrgn,
    I am 8+4 weeks prego with twins and I have the same discharge since week 7. At the first day it is not bleeding but an discharge when I wipe myself but color was pink. Then the color changed into dark brown and currently I have the same discharge when I wipe.
    At the first time of bleeding in week 7 I immediately went to doctor to have an U/s and everything was perfect. And doctor told me that it is common with multiple pregnancies and do not panic when you see this kind of discharge. Especially after Crinon shot in the morning the color of discahge is dark brown... I hate brown color
    If you do not feel cramps and an actual red bleeding do not be panic and take it easy. Look at me, I have got used to see that irritating color when I go toilet everytime...

Good luck and take care...

sakura_tk
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Crinon make me feel irritable

Hi Everybody,
    I wanna ask a question.
    My doctor told me that Crinon Gel and estrogen supplements will be used till the 8th week (after ET). Does everybody using those supllements like this?

And Crinon is my headache. As you may know after the Crinon shot it starts to drop from morning till the night and it make me irritate tooooooo much. So I've got infection in this place everytime. And doctor recommends to use a antifungal vaginal gel such as Oceral to eradicate the infection. I hate to use this Crinon and doctor asked me to be patience until the end of April. I hope I will survive until late April. Does anybody have the same problem with Crinon (thinks that it is irritating)?
    Thank to all in advance