FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Erica92
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

When do most people with twin pregnancies start to show?

Just curious....

TIA!

2. Advertisement

poppan
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I started getting comments at around 15 weeks so I think that's when I really started to "show". Of course I was showing to myself long before then

babybigblue
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    You always show much before you even want to announce :-)

I think I was in maternity clothes and/or unbottoned, loose pants by 8 weeks. By 12 weeks, after a meal, people thought I was pregnant, but were afraid to ask... They didn't want to offend. By 14-16 weeks there was no doubt there was a baby in there... and I always showed about 8 weeks ahead. When I was 16 weeks, I looked 6 months... at 20 I looked like 28. I found that weeks 20-24 were kind of hard, since strangers ask you when you are due, and you have a looonnnng way to go. Now at 30.5 weeks, I look very pregnant, but friends started telling me I look pretty good for having twins... and since 36 weeks is my target, when I say "due in April", I don't get the WIDE, SCARED LOOKS (like this guy over here, some people would open their eyes so wide, I would freak out mostly strangers, or a friend's friend etc. They would ask then go, wide-eyed... and roll eyes etc.)
    me(32) DH(35)
    Dx:severely damaged tubes
    IVF#1 Aug 2006
    .. it's twins
    due May 11, 2007 Born Aprl 10,2007 35w4d

Mum2One
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    We had to tell at 9wks, there was no way I could hide it any longer. My 1st pgy we got away with it till 13wks (that was a singleton). But with twins it was bound to show up sooner.
    Me (37) DH (41)
    DS Feb '03
    G/B twins DD 4.1lbs & DS 4.7lbs Born @ 34w2d on 30 Mar 07

milkyrn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had to start wearing maternity stuff around 10 weeks and was definetely showing.
    Me (Christine) 40 and DH 40
    5 IUIs- BFN, 1st IVF/ICSI- BFP
    Twins born December 12th, 2006 at 29 weeks- the best day of my life!
    Tori- 2 lbs 4 oz
    Alli- 2 lbs 12 oz
    Oh my...they are 3! How did that happen?

MelAtl
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am 10w5d preg with triplets and I am definitely showing. I was doing the 1/2 unzipped pants with rubber band trick at 6-7 weeks, and at 8 weeks I was much more comfortable when I finally went to maternity pants. I have really grown over the past 2 weeks and I think it's just going to be an exponential growth pattern from here forward. Coworkers are rubbing my belly now if that tells you anything

scorpio chick
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't really start to show until the start of the 2nd trimester and then, I just looked fat for another month or so. I lost 9 lbs due to m/s in the first trimester and didn't have much of an appetite. I am also tall & thin. It was my first/only PG.