FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bobby
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

What's the lastest twins can turn head down?

Right now my babies are tranverse - I'm hoping and praying that they both turn head down. If they turn breech, what's the last week that twins have enough room to turn?

2. Advertisement

denisepg
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the exact same question...I hope you get lots of responses.

I am 31 weeks tomorrow with twins.
    Last Friday they were both head down. Today one was breech and one was transverse. My OB said they still have time but didn't say how much.

How many weeks are you?

Sadey
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gosh, I'm in the same boat and have the same question.

I'm 30 weeks on Saturday. My twins have both been transverse since the beginning. At my last appt. twin A started to look breech-transverse (sort of at an angle) and twin b was still transverse.

I asked my Peri when I should expect they won't be able to turn anymore and he said that twins can usually change position up to 32-34 weeks, but not many do after the 34 week point. But, It can happen, it's just not as common....
    ~Sadey :b/g Twins

KSLS
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's never really to late, some babies will turn during labor. Though some docs will tell you otherwise since they like to plan for a c-section if the babies aren't head down after a certain date.

I haven't talked to my doc about it yet but if I am dealing with breech or transverse babies I will insist on having their positions rechecked before going into the OR just to be sure they aren't head down. Don't want surgery if there's no reason, yk?
    Me: (Karen) 36 DH: 42
    Dx: adhesions, one ovary
    #1 conceived naturally, born 12/97
    #2 conceived naturally, stillborn 7/99 at 34 wks due to massive abdominal infection in me and stupid doctors
    9/04 DFET BFN
    9/05 IVF #1 BFP! Twin Girls born 5/26/06 at 37w2d!

bobby
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot to add I'm 24 weeks - Sadey, I soo feel for you! Having the babies transverse for just the last two weeks has been hellish - my ribs hurt on one side and I can hardly catch my breath. I can only imagine how you feel at 30 weeks. Nice to know that it sounds like I may have lots of time to have them turn.

Karen - my thoughts exactly - no one is surgically removing my babies unless it is an absolute for sure that they are still transverse.

Sadey
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    No kidding Bobby, My rib cage (mostly the right side) is absolutely uncomfortalbe

I hope my little ones turn, I would love to do this naturally (with an epidural, of course) instead of a c-seciton. I'm just trying to stay positive but expect the later. Either way, I just want what's best for them....
    ~Sadey :b/g Twins

DiIP
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My ob was pretty clear that after 34 weeks, there really isn't a lot of room left. Before going into the c-section, he did check their positions. If there was any question, he would have done an u/s to confirm though.
    Warrior Princess D, Astro Slayer
    L born Oct 2001
    C & R born Oct 2003

Don't you go looking for fair. Don't you expect a painless life. Don't go hunting for an easy road. Just you settle for wisdom.. T. Davis Bunn

jcc
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard around 32 or 34 weeks but mine never changed from our 28 week ultrasound. Baby A was head down and Baby B was breech for 10 weeks before I delivered and never changed. However, my doc said as long as Baby A was head down, we could go for a vaginal delivery. They double checked positions again as soon as I got to the hospital (labor induced at 38 weeks) just be sure they didn't change.

I delivered in the OR just in case there were complications and I needed an emergency C-section but I did delivery both vaginally. Delivered Baby A that was head down and once she was out, they were able to turn Baby B and deliver him head down as well.

Good luck to all of you waiting!
    Me 34 DH 37
    Mom to Jordyn Trinity & Jacob David - 1/20/2006

AmyA
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My baby A was always head down. Baby B was transeverse or breech my whole pg and she finally turned head down at 34 weeks. I delivered at 35w2d.
    Amy

hope2004
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Between 30 and 37 weeks my Baby B turned almost every week from Breech to Transverse and to Vertex. I never knew which position she would be in when we did the u/s. Some weeks when we did 2 u/s she would be in a different position within days!! Although she was changing positions like mad my Baby A who was the presenting twin never moved and remained breech for weeks - so we had to do a c-section.

I wouldn't give up quite yet...I would REALLY notice a major position change after I had a bad weekend (lots of pain, movements, etc).

Good luck!

Petra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast