FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

tiredofBFN
    has one last shot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Sad

Can you ovulate with HCG still in your system?

I'm taking a poll ladies ... do any of you know for sure if you ovulated with HCG still in your system from a failed pregnancy? I swear I ovulated last weekend... I had the twingy ovaries, felt like I had 'swollen' ovaries, I had EWCM a few days prior... plus my temp has been up since Monday and holding steady. However, I had my HCG level tested yesterday and it was 15. So obviously on the weekend, when I thought I had O'd, my HCG would have been even higher. Oh, and my P4 yesterday was 13. So either leftover from my pg, or on it's way up after O. Can any of you share your experiences with me? Most data I find says you absolutely CANNOT O with HCG still in your system. But every now and then someone will say that you can O, as long as your HCG level is on it's way down. I really really want to hear someone say that you can! Because it will soon by 4 weeks since my m/c and I'm tired of waiting. And to be very honest, I am sooooo tired of booking BMS with DH every two nights!
    Wendy(39) Ron(38)
    ttc since 2007 - FSH 13.8
    IUI #1 - 4 - BFN
    IVF #1 EPP Oct09 - convert to IUI - BFP!!!
    13 weeks, M/C
    IVF #2 Mar10 - 2 embies BFN
    IVF #3 - July10 - convert to IUI - BFN
    IVF #4 - Sept10 - 1 embie BFN
    IVF #5 - Jan11 - 1 embie BFN
    Mar11 - DH agrees to ONE LAST TRY
    IVF #6 - Aug11 - 1 embie BFP!
    9 weeks, m/c
    DH says no more ttc ... IF has won

2. Advertisement

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Tired, I meant so say something on the other thread. I dont know for sure but I wouldnt think you could. If so, in early PG why wouldnt you O?
    Me 37 DH 37
    IVF 1&3 Cancelled~IVF 2 BFN~IVF#4 BFP m/c ~IVF#5 converted to IUI BFN~IVF#6 BFN FET- None survived the thaw BC of the High FSH board

BC-Shelli
    lives in lala land
    BC: Endo, PG Loss & Gyn Procedures
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Fine
    Interesting poll....I'll be curious to see what everyone says. I have heard of women who've gotten pregnant before getting their first AF after their m/c.
    Shelli~ TTC #2 for 10 years until my body gave out...
    Dx: Chronic Endo/Adenomyosis.....Hysterectomy/LSO 3/9/02......Lap/RSO 12/9/04
    Mom to my *One-derful* Lindsay 11/9/90 and Michaela...Heaven Born at 8 weeks pregnancy 4/25/94

"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb" Jeremiah 1:5

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I was thinking, when they want you to O for IUI, you take the HCG shot, so maybe you could??? I dont know what to think.
    Me 37 DH 37
    IVF 1&3 Cancelled~IVF 2 BFN~IVF#4 BFP m/c ~IVF#5 converted to IUI BFN~IVF#6 BFN FET- None survived the thaw BC of the High FSH board

TTCyears
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy
    I say "yes".

I've ovulated on time after/during two of my five losses. I was positive the week before O in both cases (e.g. hCG 51), but negative the week after O in both cases; unfortunately I wasn't test the weeks of O.

The two times my hCG was 0 a week prior to when I would normally O, O was two weeks late!!!!!! How's that for backwards? Seems to work better for me when there is hCG in my blood stream.

Yep, DH and I also had a marathon "run" one of those times.

Wishing you well,
    ~S

retselp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, you can ovulate with HCG still in your system. After my last ectopic pg a few months ago, I ovulated 2 days after my level came back at 45, and 5 days later when I had it tested again it was at 10. So I ovulated when it was maybe in the 30ish range? I also confirmed with my RE that this could possibly happen and he said yes, it is very common to ovulate when your level gets low enough.
    Me:43 DH:42 TTC#1 since 1/07
    2/07: Ectopic Surgery#1
    2/08: IUI#1 Ectopic Surgery#2
    Tubes removed
    5/08:OE-IVF#1 BFN
    7/08:OE-IVF#2 BFN
    11/08:OE-IVF#3 BFN
    6/09: DE-IVF#1 no eggs to xfr
    9/09: DE-IVF#2 Rare Cornual Ectopic Surgery#3
    1/10: DE-FET#1 BFN
    9/10: DE-IVF#3 BFN
    11/10: DE-FET#2 BFN