FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

philly77
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Speeding up a miscarriage

Does anyone know anything I can do to speed up a natural m/c I am taking Black and Blue Cohosh but so far nothing and I really would like to be able to move things along as the waiting is torture. Is it true that If I let them do a D&C that it could possibly leave me with scars that could hinder me getting pg again? I have heard that natural is the best option for my body but cant stand the waiting.

2. Advertisement

MareRI
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Asherman's Syndrome is caused by retained placenta...it basically turns those pieces to scar tissue as my RE put it "which are like cement in the uterus"...depending on where it is, and how severe, it can end your chances of conception. After my last m/c (vaginal delivery at 19w, D&C to deliver the placenta) I had an HSG about 1.5yrs later...and the RE discovered a "spot" on the uterus that she thought was AS. I had to have a hysteroscopy to determine if it was indeed AS and luckily for me, it was not.

I dont know of anything to speed up a m/c but I can tell you if you have a natural m/c (my first loss was a natural m/c) make sure to ask for an u/s after, to ensure you havent retained anything.

I am so sorry that you are dealing with this now...
    Maryanne

Andrew 8.5 (10-4-00)
    Lucas 7 (7-17-02)
    Annabella (11-4-08).

(9-04) (blighted ovum)
    (4-05) (tubal pg)
    Isabella Antonia born asleep 2/10/06 at 19w (unexplained)

BC-Shelli
    lives in lala land
    BC: Endo, PG Loss & Gyn Procedures
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Fine
    My doctor gave me a medication (sorry, I can't recall the name) that made my uterus contract and expell the tissue. It was quite painful, but things did move along faster.

I'm sorry you are going thru this...
    Shelli~ TTC #2 for 10 years until my body gave out...
    Dx: Chronic Endo/Adenomyosis.....Hysterectomy/LSO 3/9/02......Lap/RSO 12/9/04
    Mom to my *One-derful* Lindsay 11/9/90 and Michaela...Heaven Born at 8 weeks pregnancy 4/25/94

"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb" Jeremiah 1:5

mellymom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    my dr offered a d/e which was vaccuuming everything out instead of scraping like a d/c. I went natural the night before after waiting for 16 days.

melanie

DMS721
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    If you do have it naturally I second MareRI's advice of getting an ultrasound soon after. When I had my natural miscarriage the ER doctor said everything came out. However when I went to my follow up with my ob a few days later, she did an ultrasound and found there was still some tissue left. She gave me a week to pass it on my own, and then I ended up having to have a D&C to remove it. I wish I would have gone with the D&C from the start, as it was about a 3 week period from when I had the natural miscarriage to when I had the D&C. I was on bedrest and miserable from such heavy bleeding and cramping, and missed all that time from work.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. It's certainly not an easy decision either way.

marnieblue
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry. I opted to miscarry naturally because of the D&C risks. I was a hard wait but I am glad it did. I had an ultrasound 3 days later and did pass everything.

I asked my RE about speeding up the process and he said he had heard that acupuncture could help. I was planning on doing so but miscarried before my appointment. I know they can provide herbs they say will move things along.