FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

worried2
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Very worried - brown discharge following d&c

I had a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks and then a d&c at 11 weeks when i found out about the miscarriage. 4 days after the d&c my period started and it lasted for 7 days. For the most part it was a normal period except one night I had terrible terrible cramps and chunks/clots of blood were coming out.
    But after my period ended I though great that's done.. but no.
    A day after my period stopped I had the tiniest little bit of brown spotting/discharge. It's now been another 4 days and the brown discharge isn't going away. It's increasing! Has anyone else had this brown discharge?? It's very dark brown with some sticky stuff in it (sorry tmi). I'm really worried!
    Last edited by worried2; 09-17-2008 at 10:22 AM.

2. Advertisement

gagirl80
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same thing is happening to me...I didn't have a d&c but did take the pill. It has been 11 days and I'm stil bleeding but 2 days ago it started to be brown??? I don't know what is going on. I did not except it to last this long.

hopin-n-prayin
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry for your loss. It is such a scary and devastating thing to have to go through, I know. I've lost several babies, and the brown spotting is usually a sign of old blood that just needs to come out so you don't end up with an infection. If you start to notice a foul smell or run a fever or anything else that causes you concern, then make sure to call your dr just to be sure. I pray God's strength and comfort for you as you heal. God bless.

Merri
    http://www.squidoo.com/pregnantwiththree

JenX
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I ended up bleeding out of nowhere two weeks after the d+c and then spotted brown....it is quite common I think so I wouldn't worry too much. So sorry for your loss.
    Jen 36 DH 39 Married 4 years

IVF #1 BFN
    IVF#2 chemical
    IVF#3 civilian shared risk missed miscarriage 10w5d
    IVF#4 Chemical
    IVF#5 6/09 BFP 14dpr-233
    16dpr-510
    18dpr-767 different lab
    21dpr-2267
    Diagnosed Compound Heterozygous MTHFR and Rheumatoid Arthritis