FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jennrenew
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

anyone poas and get a bfn but beta was positive?

I poas today at 12dpo got a bfn. Im feeling very very devastated. Has anyone poas and got a bfn but then had a positive beta come back?

2. Advertisement

about2bmom3
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    What brand did you use? Some require a higher HCG level than others to be BFP!

Amy-28 DH-27
    hx PCOS
    DD 06/06/03 clomid baby
    1st IUI 04/08 BFP!!!
    EDD 01/09/09 fraternal boys!
    C section December 18-COME ON DECEMBER!!!

LouHoo
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never had that happen, but like Amy said, some need a higher hcg level to give a BFP. It's possible you tested too early. I say it's not over until you get your beta results. I'm sorry you've gotten this bfn, though. I know it's totally depressing and hard to be hopeful. Good luck!

jennrenew
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I justed wanted to let everyone know that I poas on the day of beta and got a bfn but my beta came back positive. Unfortunately my hcg is only 29 so it doesnt look good but I have a good friend who just told me that she had the same thing happen and now she has a healthy little girl. So there is still some hope!

LouHoo
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jennrenew - Good luck! I know the low beta number is scary. My first beta with my third child was 40 and I was a nervous wreck, but she is now a healthy two month old. Hopefully your numbers will double appropriately and everything will be OK. Keep us posted.

You're probably not going to poas anymore, but in case you ever need to in the future, this website tells you the hcg levels that you need to register for each brand.

http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hpt.html

about2bmom3
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Good luck! Hope that beta skyrockets! What cd did you beta?? My bff had a beta of 8 (seriously) and just delieverd a beautiful baby boy last month! I'll be thinking of you!

Amy-28 DH-27
    hx PCOS
    DD 06/06/03 clomid baby
    1st IUI 04/08 BFP!!!

Tia38
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    don't know if it helps... short story: It's not over until a negative beta or AF.

My story: I POAS at 12, 14, 15 and 16dpiui. BFN. My clinic does beta at 16dpiui... I canceled the beta (long story), stopped my progesterone supps and waited for AF. She never came. POAS 21dpiui --> BFP, confirmed by beta the next day. (Incidentally, I had even setup the appt to talk to RE about IVF, since this was the third try (strike three) so thought I'd need to move on to more agressive tx.)

Currently 16w+ pg and so far so good.

While many women will see a BFP at 12piui it is still early. I'd have hope. At 14dpiui it looks less good. I thought for sure at 16dpiui I was done.

In my case maybe I didn't look very well, maybe the tests (all 4?) were defective, maybe the stars were just misaligned. I'll never know. But I will never skip a beta again unless AF arrives first.

Sarah26
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jenn, a 29 is great at that early in the pregnancy!! If the implantation happened a little later than usual, it can seriously throw off such early numbers. I think you are going to have a great pg. Congratulations!

jennrenew
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    MY BETA WAS ON 14DPO. I go back tomorrow at 16 dpo. Thanks for all the great stories! I hope mine turns out to be a great one too!

about2bmom3
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Good luck tomorrow! Let us know how it goes!

Amy-28 DH-27
    hx PCOS
    DD 06/06/03 clomid baby
    1st IUI 04/08 BFP!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast