FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

mwood
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

7 weeks today and no yolk sac?

I'm 7 weeks pregnant today and I'm measuring a week behind on my ultrasounds(so technically I'm 6 weeks). I was told there is a gestational sac, but no yolk sac or fetal pole at this point. I have to wait until 5/7 which is the earliest appointment to see the doctor for a consult and he is going to perform the ultrasound this time and discuss his findings. Its torture having to wait these 2 weeks! Has anyone had a 7 week ultrasound and shown only a gestational sac and had a healthy successful pregnancy? I'm starting to lose hope. I get no answers from my dr's office except possibly I could miscarry if no yolk sac is seen at this point. But if I'm measuring behind, maybe my dates are wrong? Any advice appreciated! I'm trying not to get myself stressed out but this 2 week wait is killing me!
    Last edited by mwood; 04-25-2007 at 04:56 PM.

2. Advertisement

LouHoo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have any experience with this so I cannot help you. I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry you have to go through this torture. I'm surprised they're making you wait two weeks. It seems to me that the RE could fit you in if he wanted to. Is there a clinical reason to wait two weeks, or is it really just a scheduling issue? Can they at least check your betas during the two weeks to see if they're going up, or would that not be meaningful? Maybe you could ask about that. Again, I'm sorry about this torture. Hopefully in the end it will be OK. Good luck!

mwood
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, thanks for the support. It is basically a scheduling issue that I have to wait 2 weeks. Unfortunately my RE has very few available hours. I tried to book with my Ob but was told she's double booked until 5/25. So theres nothing anybody can do. The nurse never mentioned testing my Betas. I was told after the 1st ultrasound they don't check your levels anymore because they even out. My betas originally were doubling like they should have, however I do have premature ovarian failure, adn I'm wondering if I'm suffering from a blighted ovum. This is my second Ivf cycle and I'm so bummed... Trying to stay hopeful!

unpregnant
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

7 weeks and no yolk sac?

I know how you are feeling. I am going through something very similar right now. Just had u/s yesterday and sac measured 6 weeks, but no fetal pole or heartbeat. Doc. said it just may be too early and scheduled next u/s for 1 week from now. I'm getting pretty scared. Had previous m/c and don't want this to end up the same way. Have been doing some research, though, and sometimes nothing can be seen before 8 or 9 weeks in some cases. I'm hoping for the best! Hope everything works out for you.