FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    zois2
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Any Success Stories with UNEXPLAINED INFERTILITY diagnosis?

My husband and I have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility, and I am wondering if anyone else has succeeded with fertility treatments having the same diagnosis. I am 32 and my husband is 34 and we have tested out "normal". We are on our second cycle of 50mg clomid with back to back iuis after an hcg trigger shot. Our next step is injectibles (gonal f) and iuis.

It is very frustrating in that there is not a specific condition being treated, and it seems that most success stories are of couples who are being treated for a particular issue.

Thanks for listening!!

Zois

2. AmyLynn
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Zois~ unexplained infertilty blows! You have NO idea what is going on! My husband and I were diagnosed 5 years ago with this too. We thought our situation was hopeless after many years of trying earything from Robitussin to Clomid to 5 IUIs, 3 surgeries, and 2 IVFs. Both IVFs worked, except the first one we miscarried. Anyways, now we are 22 weeks pregnant with a boy!! (Still doesn't feel real!) Time really does help. Acceptance also helped us get through a lot of this too but it took many years for us to accept our diagnosis. Dh and I are both 31. Injectibles along with IVF seem to be our key and we plan to do it again 3-4 months after this baby is born! Please don't lose hope. It WILL happen for you both, just remember that patience is the key!! Keep us updated on your progress. When is your next cycle? I am praying for you and wishing you all the best!!!
    Amy

zois2
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Amy thank you so much for your wishes and prayers. I am so happy for you and your husband, after such a long journey to concieve. I will pray for you too that you have an easy and relaxed pregnancy, and a beautiful, healthy baby.

I am currently on my second iui cycle with 50mg clomid, and am anticipating that the iuis will be on on 12/10 and 12/11. I go in on 12/9 for u/s and bloodwork and if all goes well will trigger with the hcg shot that night.

Your response, that this BLOWS, is so true and soooo funny! I am still laughing, (my husband thought so too)...oftentimes when i am reading the boards i am so intent on understanding what is being written, and the tone is understandably so serious that it is a rare occassion i get to laugh out loud while on this site...thank you so much for this

My cousin was also diagnosed with unexplained infertility. She and her husband ran the gamut of treatment like you and your spouse. They became pregnant on their first IVF and miscarried, and then became pregnant on their second and now have two beautiful twins!

I am telling you this because my cousin is pregnant again, less than a year after delivering her first babies....NATURALLY! They were not trying, nor avoiding. It just happened, and I have heard of this before...successful pregnancy "jump starting" a woman's fertility.

Anyway thank you for your advice, it truly helped, and i hope we will hear your progress too!!

Tina

AmyLynn
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tina~ I am so excited for you! Tomorrow is the big blood work and hopefully the day of the big shot as well! I remember those trigger shots well and you could hardly control the excitement! Please keep me updated on what day your iui is and how many eggs they see up there. So, will you know by Christmas if you are preg? I hope so!
    know what else is nice, no more CRAZY hormonal mood swings from Clomid. It made me nuts. DH thought I was losing my mind.
    Prayers are being sent your way!
    Amy

raz
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

I had success!

I can't type too muoh because I am feeding my miracle. I was unexplained for 14 years!
    I had 4 m/c, numerous surgeries and tests too. Many iui's, too numerous to count. I couldn't afford IVF so we stopped trying.
    With the help of God, Three months later I was pregnant with my only living child! I am 34!
    Good luck!
    Your star shone brilliantly, if but a fleeting moment, etched forever in my heart. My heart ached so sadly when your light ceased to be, for me losing you, and for you, losing me.
    16+ y ttc, 8 prg, 7 M/c
    4 blighted O:90,92 x2,95
    11/05 in c-s scar. 2/10/06, (9w4d-hb) 10/10/06 (9w1d -hb)
    & 1 miracle 9/25/04 Hunter Isaac Lee

Diagnosis: Turner's mosiac syndrome

Nickii15
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi my dh and I were also unexplained and tried many natural remedies and herbalists and two IUIs failed and one IVF failed then I recently had a frozen embryo transfer and guess what ?? We are pregnant!!!! Im still in the clouds and so so happy and it was worth every penny I spent on it all to be here at this glorius moment. Have faith it will happen for you im sure of it

Nickii
    me 33/dh 34

DD 08/18/05 - our IVF miracle

zois2
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone, thanks for your replies...they really help to keep me hopeful!

Nikki and Raz Congragtulations!!!! I am so happy for you! Nickii when are you due?

Amy Lynn I hope you, dh and ds are all doing well....when is your actual due date? I hope your pregnancy is going well!!

Yes, I should know by Christmas, on the 24th more than likely....on Christmas Eve!

Last month was similar; i found out my results the day before Thanksgiving!

My update: I went in for an u/s and bloodwork on 12/9 and low and behold TWO FOLLIES, one on each side!! I did not expect this from the clomid...My doctor had me trigger on the 10th, and today i went in for the first of my back to back iuis.

This time, the nurse called my husband over to do the injecting! I was surprised when she asked him if he wanted to do it and he said yes, just because i thought it might gross him out a little; but i should have known better because he really isn't like that. I got a little grossed out when i heard her pointing out my cervix to him LOL!

It hurt a little bit this time, just some minor cramping that subsided after an hour.

Thanks for helping to keep my spirits up....i'll keep you updated!!

Tina
    Last edited by zois2; 12-11-2004 at 11:44 AM.

Nickii15
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi tina

Im due 17th Aug 05 and so very very excited and still up in the clouds about it all. It will take awhile to sink in Im guessing. Good luck with your IUI i have everything crossed for you that this is your one. Take care

Nickii
    me 33/dh 34

DD 08/18/05 - our IVF miracle

AmyLynn
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi!
    I am due on April 10th and still can't belive it! I am feeling really good these days, as I had ms for the first 20 weeks!! I can't wait to share pregnancy stories with you Tina, when you hear your good news this month!
    Love, Amy

caitlin
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    miscarriage at 7 weeks
    then
    unexplained infertility for 5 years
    After 4 years tried
    Clomid 3 cycles
    Injectibles 2 cycles
    1 sucessful IVF
    Twin pregnancy- currently 2 year old boy & Girl
    Age at IVF 29.
    I was told that I had a 50% chance of a successful pregnancy result.
    Because of my initial pregnancy & my young age it took so long to get treatment as Drs were reluctant to put me on fertility drugs etc. They kept saying to " Keep Trying".!

Since the birth of my children, despite not using any contraceptives, I still havn't been able to fall pregnant on my own with another child. I just thank god that IVF exists in this day & age and I am lucky enough to live in this century & have access to this fantastic treatment so that If I want to have another I have a chance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast