FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lbstone
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

2 miscarriages in a row

I had a missed miscarriage in August of 2009. It only took us about 2 months to get pregnant. We began trying again and got pregnant in December of 2009. Again it only took about 2 months from when we started trying. We just found out we are miscarrying again due to a blighted ovum. Can anyone offer some hope that if we try again we might just get pregnant and go on to have a healthy baby? I am beginning to lose hope

2. Advertisement

bhoban
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry for your losses. The good news is it appears you are able to concieve easily, it is keeping the pregnancy that is the problem. I would recommend testing your progesterone levels and your thyroid. These are good places to start, but there are a lot of other additional tests they can check. After two losses in a row, they do usually recommend further testing. Best wishes.
    me,34 DH,50
    DS, Mick 9
    Aiden, 16w3d Jan '06 (IUI #1-delivered early due to PPROM)
    early loss, May '06 (IUI#4)~IUI 2,3,5,6 & IVF#1=BFN
    IVF#2: 5dt of 3~BFP 7dp5dt~U/S 6w5d: 1 beautiful ~ NT u/s 1:2 odds of a chromosome abnormality due to cystic hygroma - but it's a healthy girl! Brianna Eileen born 39w1d-now 5 yrs old!

Caligal
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yes there is HOPE! I went thru IVF to have my DS. And cause it took us so long to have our son we never used protection even before IVF and did not use any protection after having my DS. Me and DH thought what are the chances we could get pregnant on our own??

I found out in mid Jan. that I was pregnant m/c at 10 weeks in Feb. Found out again I was pregnant end of April and m/c right after my DS 1st Bday at 8 weeks, and once again found out I was pregnant end of July. See my signature

So third time could be the charm

I agree with bhoban get some testing done.

Best wishes and Good Luck!
    Me 42 DH 51

Ryan 5/22/08 thru IVF
    Cole 3/23/10 Natural surprise pregnancy

In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities

CTmom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    LBstone,
    Definitely get some blood work done. The same thing happened to me - two miscarriages in a row. When I got blood work done, my FSH was ok but turns out I have Hypothyroidism, which can cause you to have problems conceiving as well as a loss. Good luck to you!
    Teo
    2 m/c's
    3 rounds of Clomid with two IUI's
    BFP 02/09/10
    DX Hypothyroid and GD

DD 8/03
    Henry Gerard 10/14/10

Lbstone
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all of the well wishes and support! My progesterone level was fine they said actually quite normal which is good. With the last miscarriage they monitored my HCG level back to 0 and then took a series of blood tests for a variety of tests. I know that 2 of them have since come back negative. When they get the other results back we are going in to talk with the doctor about what the tests were and how to proceed from here. It is the waiting part that is frustrating, but it is reassuring to know that the doctors are helping to figure out what is going on

Lbstone
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just received a phone call last night that all of my blood work came back normal! I don't have anything that would cause a miscarriage genetically speaking. They suggested that my husband have his blood work up done.
    Has anyone suffered 2 miscarriages, been tested, found nothing wrong, and went on to have a healthy baby? I guess I was sure that something was wrong and now that there wasn't, I am wondering WHY I miscarried twice?

Thanks!

COnative
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry for your loss. I had 2 miscarriages before conceiving my daughter naturally. I did all of the testing, all normal, except my FSH was a little elevated but still within normal range. My RE at the time thought it could be an egg quality issue. For you it could just be bad luck. My daughter is 10 months old now and I was on pins and needles the entire pregnancy!! Hang in there- it'll happen for you!

Caligal
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    After my 2 m/c's I did not have any testing done at all. And neither did my DH. My RE said it is because of my age. I was 39 and then turned 40 with the 2 m/c's. He said all you need is a good egg. I also thought if it was a healthy pregancy I would not have m/c'd. 3rd time was the charm for me.

Hang in there I know it is tough...but it will happen for You! . It's great that you are able to get pregnant.
    Me 42 DH 51

Ryan 5/22/08 thru IVF
    Cole 3/23/10 Natural surprise pregnancy

In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities

lucyandfelix
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'm sorry that you've had two losses in a row. the same thing happened to me, although they did find underlying problems when they did the huge "recurrent m/c workup" (note: a lot of drs. wait until you have 3 m/c to do this, but mine does it at 2). however, i really do believe that it's possible to just have....i don't know a better way to put it....terrible luck twice in a row, and then go on to have healthy pregnancies. i sincerely hope that is the case with you.

don't lose hope, though. if it helps, i don't know anyone personally who has had miscarriages and didn't go on to have children. i have a friend who had 7 in a row, and then went on to have 2 beautiful children. there is PLENTY of hope. <3
    me (34, in recovery from anorexia) & dh (31)
    8/08
    2/09
    5/10
    6 cycles of clomid, 4 IUIs, no baby yet

Lbstone
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    We just got news today that my husband's chromosome tests came back normal today! I should be excited, but I am nervous to try again because they didn't find anything genetically wrong but I miscarried twice
    The doctor said it might just be 2 bad rounds of luck. Any advice?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast