FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Lbstone
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Trying to Conceive After Miscarriage! Need Advice

Hi there,
    I don't know where to begin. My husband and I decided to start trying to conceive this summer (2009). We tried for about 3 months and we became pregnant in July! We were elated! This was going to be our first! We went to the doctor for our first appointment and there was a heartbeat, but the doctor said there was a discrepancy between my calendar due date and the ultrasound due date. We were told to come back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound. We didn't think anything of it. I had mild pregnancy symptoms, but none of my friends had experienced awful pregnancy symptoms so I considered myself lucky! 2 weeks later we went in for an ultrasound and were excited because we thought everything was going to be fine. There was no heartbeat
    We were told we had a missed miscarriage. We were devastated! This was something we wanted more than anything and are both so ready to be parents. I had a D and C the next day. I am still waiting for my cycle to begin again, but I still find myself sad and scared to death of going through this whole process again. I am looking for advice on how to get through this and success stories of those who conceived successfully the 2nd time around!

2. Advertisement

Sparklequeen
    Belives in Good Things Come To Those Who Wait.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Hi Honey, Sorry to hear about your loss I am a recurrent missed miscarriage patient what happend to you has happend to me 9 times. I lose mine at 10wks + & 8wks, i see a heartbeat at scans to go back to be told there is no hb after seeing one. I have had a total of 15 losses i have no children YET! i have had 9 mmc 2 blighted ovums 1 molar and 3 chemicals.
    An awful lot i know its heartbreaking.

I have had 9 d+c's as well with my mmc and i have sucsessfully got pregnant afterwards hun so having a d+c wont effect you from getting pg. It will take a few months till your cycle gets to a routine length. My last mmc was june gone and i have only just got my cycle length back to a steady length of 30. I am ttc this month and been using opks i got my positive opk and now in the 2ww. I am under a miscarraige clinic and there giving me asprin and fragmin and prednisone when next pg.

I have already tried the asprin and fragmin but the prednisone seems to be sucsessfull for MANY! With this being your first loss this could be just one of them unlucky pregnancys. Ladies do have a mmc somtimes even when they have children they wonder why but it does happen and they DO go on to have a sucsessfull happy and healthy 9 mths with a baby at the end. I wish you the very best and hope you get your positive bfp soon and have a sucsessfull pregnancy. xx
    Last edited by Sparklequeen; 09-18-2009 at 07:15 PM.
    XX

Recurrent Miscarriages.
    Immunes. DQ Alpha Match 0201 + CD19+CD5+cells.
    Raised TSH + FT3
    Blood Clotting Disorder in 2001/2008. Flares up when pg.

numunu
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    lbstone & sparklequeen. I am very sorry for both of your stories and losses. Losing a baby.....was one of the most painful, lonely, depressing times of my life. After having two beautiful childen, I became pregnant and we were so happy. We loved our baby with all our hearts and anticipated our child every single day. I lost my baby at 13 weeks in 9/08. We had gone in for a ultrasound and the MD told us that the baby had died in the last 48 hours. I lived in a fog until december. In Dec, we started to not exactly try, but we didn't try to stop it. I got pregnant at the end of Feb 09. I did not think that I was going to be able to get pregnant because I was 39. But I did. Initially, I was happy but cautious. But at about 2 1/2 months I decided that I was going to celebrate every day that I had my child with me, no matter how long that might be. I decided that the baby I had lost was MY CHILD and I would forever hold my baby in my heart. I bought a locket that says "forever in my heart" and inside it has the the stone for the conception date, loss date and due date of my lost child. I cherish this necklace and I will never forget my child. My lost baby brought happiness and love into our lives. That cannot be taken from me. And now, I am almost 32 weeks pregnant with a precious baby boy. I still worry at times that something is wrong. There are days I cry with worry. I still pray that he will be in my arms come November. But yes.....there is hope.

Wll have you both in my thoughts and prayers, Numunu
    Last edited by numunu; 09-19-2009 at 12:32 AM. Reason: wrong weeks of loss
    Numunu (39) DH (41) EDC 11/24/09! 12 yr dd, 12 yr ss, 10 yr ds, angel baby 10/99 (9 weeks), angel baby (missed miscarriage 9/08 stopped growing 12 1/2 weeks)

Sparklequeen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Numuna Congrats on your pregnancy such a lovely but sad story but i love happy endings and i am so happy for you I wish you a happy and healthy 2 mths should i say till your little one is born and in your arms, sending you a big hug xxx
    XX

Recurrent Miscarriages.
    Raised TSH + FT3

Lbstone
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for all of your support! I give you all the credit in the world for being as strong as you are and not giving up! I just went to my follow up appointment after my D&C and was given a clean bill of health! We were told we can start trying again!

Sparklequeen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Hey, Hun thats fab news that your tests are all normal and grand news you can start ttc are you gonna use opks ? come over to the ttc section i have a thread called the 2ww waiting for a miracle girls topic.
    I am in the 2ww at the moment so when your back to ttc post over there hun. xx
    XX

Recurrent Miscarriages.
    Raised TSH + FT3