FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Dulce12
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

PREGNANT AFTER D&C??

i just had a miscarriage due to a "missed miscarriage" at 11wks but pregnancy stopped at about 5..i had a d&c on 4/11/06 and had not had sex with my husband til 4/30/06.i decided to take a hpt yesterday just to make sure it would be negative(didnt want any false answers when i take one in 2 wks) and it was negative, im planning to take another one on friday..and waiting til about the 16th to take another..from doing all this research online i know that woman can be very fertile after a miscarriage but what are the chances that if i am pregnant i will go on to have a healthy pregnancy? has anyone expirienced this or know anyone who has??

2. Advertisement

JAG&JIV
    is praying for Emily
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amazed

PGs and Losses mentioned

I had two D&Cs last year with mixed results. My first was an otherwise healthy pg that resulted in early labor at 14 weeks (heart did not stop until after the "delivery"). I got pg the following month (so technically my second ovulation). That pg stopped growing around 9 weeks, but always measured smaller than it should have been and I did not know until 12 weeks. That was in August. I then went through some testing and got pg in November and am now 25 weeks and this little guy is perfect. My OB and RE both said that they do advise waiting one full cycle for healing reasons but they do not get too concerned if you get pg before your first AF.

If I remember correctly, both times I ovulated 4 weeks after the D&C and AF came at 6 weeks. Good luck to you. It is such a tough time but you are in the right place.
    Me 35 DH 45

7 4 2

Dulce12
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    thank u so much your response really helps..i hope if i am pregnant..that everythin will go good this time..and i still have not gotten AF i bled for 2 wks after the D&C pretty lightly..so i dunno

iluvthebud
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dulce-

I am much in the same boat as you. I had a D&C April 7 when I should have been 11wks (no hb and growth stopped at 9w).

My dr said that it was fine for me to get pg before AF- he said there is no higher risk to the baby. There is an increased chance of early m/c- but this would most likely occur before you even know you are pg as it would not implant and you will think you are just having AF. There is increased fertility for 6mos following a m/c.

My dr says that I will not O until my hcg drops (I was still at 10 on Wed), but we're still bms-ing just in case my body happens to slip an egg out early

I understand your worry about your next pg. I too am scared it will happen again, but I figure I'll be scared even if I wait for a year to try again.

Dulce12
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanx For Responding..yea I Think Ill Always Be Worried For My Next Pg No Matter Wen It Happens..i Wish U Alot Of Luck And I Hope You Get Pg Soon Also!! Good Luck!!...as A Matter Of Fact I Spoke To A Lady Who Told Me She Got Pg Right After Also And Her Hcg's Were Still Kinda High..she Didnt Think She Could Get Pregnant Like That And She Did..so Who Knows

iluvthebud
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya I read somewhere online that as long as your betas are dropping you can still get pg. I suppose everyone's bodies are different! That's why we're bms-ing just in case

The hardest thing is that I am over analyzing every little signal from my body. I have been super tired this week and I have had the same internal pains I had when I was pg. So I am almost convinced that I am pg now- the only thing that is saving me is that my boobs aren't sore at all. I am only 4 wks past D&C so I really doubt that it is possible - I think my body is just playing cruel jokes on me!

Good Luck to you too!!

Dulce12
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    well ive heard of ppl gettin pg very soon after so dont doubt it..i havent had any symptoms..and i didnt wit my last til about 2months only sore breasts and more saliva..but today i had some very very minimal light light brown spotting..kinda mixed wit discharge so i dont kno wat to think of that yuck sounds gross lol..i really hope i am pg