FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

pam1979
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Question ttc after dnc

I don't know who to beleive anymore.I need help if someone can help me. I just recently had a miscarriage(1/22/06).I had to get a dne done and my doctor told me that I could have sex when I felt comfortable there would be nothing to worry about.I am wanting to get pregnant again but scared of going through the same thing.Is it true that after a dnc/dne that you are very likely to get pregnant again within 2 weeks afterwards. I know that after my second m/c that I was pregnant within 3 weeks with my oldest son. I was also told that when you get pregnant after a dnc\dne that you have a big chance of not having a m/c due to the hcg levels and everything is the same from the last baby. My dh and I have had sex unprotected and I am worried now that I should have used protection just to be on the safe side from another m/c or infection. I know that it is early to be ttc again but we want another baby. Please any information will help me right now.

2. Advertisement

MareRI
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    i have never heard that you can get pg faster after a dnc, have it heard it about an hsg for ex, but not a dnc...when i had my tubal, I had a laproscopy and a dnc, and was told not to try until i had 2 normal cycles, just to let everything get back to normal and get my betas to zero...hadnt heard that it was less of a chance of m/c right after, but interesting...
    Maryanne

Andrew 8.5 (10-4-00)
    Lucas 7 (7-17-02)
    Annabella (11-4-08).

(9-04) (blighted ovum)
    (4-05) (tubal pg)
    Isabella Antonia born asleep 2/10/06 at 19w (unexplained)

Lulu_4
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Blah
    So sorry about your loss.

I have heard that it is easier to get pg after a mc, but also heard that there is a greater chance of another mc. I think that after a d & e and d & c, your lining is thinned and could cause another mc. My doc always suggests waiting 3 mths after a mc to ttc again. What has your doc said about ttc again?

pam1979
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My doctor said I could ttc is ok asl ong as I felt that it was ok to me

HeatherPa
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Tired
    I have heard that it MAY be easier to concieve after a D&C/E. However I was told from my doctor to wait 2 full cycles after my D&E. I had my procedure done on Oct 28th and did not get my period until Dec 17th. We just started trying last month and it was a neg. My doctor said to wait to give your lining time to thicken up.

I am sorry to hear about your loss and wish you much success!!
    Heather Mommy to:
    NICHOLAS 1/16/01
    ANDREW 6/20/03
    CAROLINE 10/16/06
    M/C 10/05

virga
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherPa
    I have heard that it MAY be easier to concieve after a D&C/E. However I was told from my doctor to wait 2 full cycles after my D&E. I had my procedure done on Oct 28th and did not get my period until Dec 17th. We just started trying last month and it was a neg. My doctor said to wait to give your lining time to thicken up.
    My story is similar, I had a D&C on Dec. 23. My OB said to wait at least one cycle, preferably two so that the lining has time to thicken and even out (D&Cs are done "blind" and can leave ridges). I'm still waiting for my first period.

Yes, I have heard that you are fertile following a miscarriage/D&C. I got pregnant my first cycle following a m/c. Unfortunately, it turned into my recent m/c and D&C.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I wish you the best with ttc.
    Last edited by virga; 01-26-2006 at 08:05 PM.

MommaRitz
    happy to be back!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pam - my doc said that back to back m/c's are actually uncommon unless there is a health condition with mom that is undetected. I m/c and got pg the 2nd cycle after I m/c and it was naturally concieved. You are supposed to be more fertile 3 months following a m/c. Doc's recommend waiting at least a couple cycles - we got started right away and didnt wait. Im sorry for your loss it is so difficult! we are here to lean on
    M (32) DH(34)

C - 6 yrs old
    D - 4 yrs
    A -1 YEAR OLD