FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Auburngrad
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Prayer... "When Desiring to Have a Baby" (Christian Faith)

This prayer was copied from the book "Prayers that Avail Much" by Word Ministries, Inc. I am placing it here for the many couples who are praying for a child in their family.

"Our Father, my spouse and I bow our knees unto you. Father of our Lord Jesus Christ of whom the whole family in heaven and on earth is named, we pray that You would grant to us according to the riches of Your glory, to be strengthened with might by Your Spirit in the inner man. Christ dwells in our hearts by faith, the we~being rooted and grounded in love~ may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height of the love of Christ, which passes knowledge, that we might be filled with all the fullness of God.

Hallelujah, we praise You, O Lord, for You give children to the childless wife, so that she becomes a happy mother. And we thank You that You are the One Who is building our family. As Your children and inheritors through Jesus Christ, we receive Your gift~ the fruit of the womb, Your child as our reward.

We praise You, our Father, in Jesus' name, for we know that whatsoever we ask, we receive of You, because we keep Your commandments, and do those things which are pleasing in Your sight.

Thank You, Father, that we are a fruitful vine within our house; our children will be like olive shoots around our table. Thus shall we be blessed because we fear the Lord.

In Jesus' name we pray, amen.

Scripture References:
    Ephesisans 3:14-19
    Psalm 113:9 AMP
    Psalm 127:3
    1 John 3: 22,23 AMP
    Psalm 128: 3,4 AMP
    Michele (39) & Grant (38)
    IVF #1= Sept. 02 Baleigh Reese born June 5, 2003
    IVF #2= July 05 Ethan Grant Noah Huston b/d December 3, 2005 20wks 5days
    IVF #3= Sept. 06 ~ Christian Grant born on his due date 6/12/07

2. Advertisement

mhoelzer
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you for posting it
    Michele (27) and Jack (45)

John Peter III b/d 1/16/06 at 22 weeks
    Forever in our
    Princess Josie 6/3/07

sttawardnas
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    are you looking

Auburngrad
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just saw that this thread was bumped back up and I read it again after having posted it so long ago. The update to this thread is that all that was prayed was received. Our son Christian Grant was concieved in October 2006 and was born June 12, 2007. He will be 22 months on the 12th and is more than I ever could have asked my Heavenly Father to give. There are some key statements in the prayer that was posted...

"We praise You, our Father, in Jesus' name, for we know that whatsoever we ask, we receive of You, because we keep Your commandments, and do those things which are pleasing in Your sight."

It is more than just asking for the desires of our heart, but being obedient to His Word. Obedience is the key (Dueteronomy 28... Blessings for obedience).
    Michele (39) & Grant (38)
    IVF #1= Sept. 02 Baleigh Reese born June 5, 2003
    IVF #2= July 05 Ethan Grant Noah Huston b/d December 3, 2005 20wks 5days
    IVF #3= Sept. 06 ~ Christian Grant born on his due date 6/12/07

tinatinva
    just is..
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bless you for sharing your joy and testimony. I recall for years and years my prayer and desire for God to bless me with a child. I became angry and then really studied God's will in my prayer. It was when my prayers turned to His will, that my prayers began asking Him to allow me to grow His Kingdom and raise children in his name that I was blessed with peace.
    Sometime later I was also given the gift that I had asked for..three fold! I have praised His name for this - I needed to ask that his will be done in my life.. and lo it was!
    Tinatinva DD 01/09/01 DS 10/22/03 DS 06-19-06 My 3 FET miracles!!![SIZE=2]
    Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength. -Unknown

wannabeamomx3
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for this post. Obedience is indeed the key and I have fallen short. I ask for much needed prayers to be more obedient to the Father. My husband and I would love to have children. May God bless and keep you.