i yanked this from the preschool bb as a get to know ya thread. its 20 comments but feel free to add more! no one posted anything so i stepped up! hope ya'll dont care
1. My name is Kate
2. i have a 5 year old and a 4 mon old we tried since my dd was born to have another and couldnt get preg. ended up trying for 4 years. dh had low motility, and we tried clomid, iui's, clomid with iui's and nothing! we then were stationed in iceland, and my dh got on fertility blend for men. took it for about 2 months and boom.. got preg!
3.im deathly scared of clowns! i dont wanna pass this on to my dd or son so i try not to mention it to them! my dh makes fun of me but it is a huge phobia. im going to try to get over it this year (one of my new years goals) and take my kids to the circus! i might run out screaming or have an anxiety attack but im going to try it!
4. i have lived in iceland since nov 04. my husband is in the navy. we r moving back to the states in june of 06!!!!!
5. we got married young...at 19!!!! had my 1st child at 20. wasnt preg when we got married.
6. was going to college when i met dh for broadcast jourmalism. wanted to be the next barbara walters or katie couric. ended up dropping out to get married, and im just now going back. going back for something different now... for photography!!!
7. I spend way too much time and money online
8. I am really anal about my house. Everything has a place, and it better be there!!! I'm cleaning constantly. My DH compares me to Monica on friends. I don't think I'm that bad!!!
9. I havent smoked since i found out i was preg. I drink every once in awhile, but I'm a total lightweight and after 1 margarita, u will be carrying me to the car!!
10. I collect dvds, beatles memoribilia, and lighthouse stuff. My dvd collection goes wayyy beyond 500 dvds and my dh hates that every tuesday i have to buy the new releases!!!
11. i hate feet. i hate the feel of them, the look of them and of course the smell. my dh has sometimes in his sleep put his foot on me and i have slept on the couch the rest of the night because of it. seriously gross me out. but... newborn baby feet are cute and will kiss them!?!?!?!?
12. i have a sister who is 9 years older than me, but we dont speak.
13. i'm 25 but will be 26 in july
14. We have 3 pets but none of them live with us. I have a llhasa apso (dog) named Gizmo who is 13 years old and lives with my dad until we move back to the states from Iceland. We didn't want to take him here because he prolly wouldnt survive the flight. We also have a black cat named Felix who I love to death!! He lives with my MIL because we moved to Iceland and it would cost 4000 to send him over here, plus the cost of the flight! We were going through pet withdrawl when we moved here and got a dog named Mika! BAD MISTAKE!! Replacement pets are always the worse!!! She chewed everything in sight, not to mention, peed on everything in sight!!! She now lives out at my DH's work (someone is always there so she gets plenty of attention) where she has room to run around, and get plenty of attention!
15. i'm on a mission to lose weight. i didnt pay attn. to how much i was gaining with my pregnancy and its kicking my arse now trying to get it off!
16. favorite color is green. any type of green
17. spend way more money on my dd's clothes than my own!
18. my favorite movie is the notebook and im in love with the actor in it... ryan gosling the one who plays Noah.. ahh he's so dreamy lol
19. i work with a personal trainer right now
20. i'm originally from missouri and i am a die hard st. louis cardinals fan. also a huge st. louis blues fan (hockey)
21. my daughter is my best friend!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
05-03-2006, 04:14 AM #1
20+ questions! GET TO KNOW YA!~Kate~
Mommy to Jillian(6) & Zack(1)
DH AND I ARE A" COUPLA LOSERS" 1/17- 4/18...WE GOTTA GET TO VEGAS BABY!!!Next weigh in.. Valentine's Day!
"Life is what happens to you, when you are busy making other plans!" ~John Lennon
05-03-2006, 07:23 AM #2
Thanks Kate for posting this, I jsut haven't had much time to get online recently! Well here I go:
1. My name is Khristin, aka Khrissy
2. I have 4 1/2 year old triplet girls that were conceived through IVF, 2 are identical and 1 is fraternal. I also have a 3 1/2 month old little boy that was conceived through a FET.
3. We have been married 8 1/2 years.
4. My DH is 10 years older then me. I met him when I was 19 and he was 29. I was a waitress at a local diner and he is a police officer that used to come in and ask me out all the time.
5. I have lived in NY my entire life! Boring, I know!
6. I live an hour North of NYC but NEVER go there, it's too dirty and smelly!
7. My favorite 2 movies are "You've Got Mail" and "The American President"
8. My favorite color is green and my bridesmaids all wore hunter green dresses (so beautiful!!)
9. I am a certified elementary school teacher but probably will never go back to work.
10. We have 2 cats and 2 dogs (a rotty and a black lab). Like I need more living things to take care off
11. I love Chinese Food and Italian food
12. I listen to just country music, I love it and I can't stand todays "music" if you can actually call it that. I must be getting old!!
13. My sister is my best friend, she is 3 years older then me.
14. My parents are the only Grandparents my kids have. My DH parents were both killed in 2 separate car accidents 9 years apart. Thankfully, my FIL got to see my girls before he was killed My MIL died 1 year before I married my DH. We miss them both terribly.
15. My favorite flower are carnations.
16. I LOVE to color, corny I know. It is just so relaxing and mind numbing!!
17. I am a tall person, 5'9" and I weigh about 153lbs. I still need to lose 3lbs. and up to 8lbs to get where I will be happy.
18. I love chocolate in any form, shape, etc... My favorite candy bar are kit kats
19. My kids are my life and I do everything with them. I am going to have such a hard time when they go to school in Sept. It's hard to let go!!! I think it will hit me even harder then I could ever imagine.
20. My parents have been married almost 38 years and my grandparents have been married 61 years (and still kicking ).
21. I hate the winter time and love the spring and summer. Hate the fall too because it means winter is coming.
22. I love blue cheese dressing for my salads. YUM!
23. I watch very little TV and mostly only the news, Desperate Housewives, Grey Anatomy, and the Amazing Race. Occassionaly I watch CSI is I have the time.Khrissy (33), DH (44)
IVF#2 2001 - BFP!!!
lucky mommy of triplet girls Lindsey, Kaylee, & Carly born 8/30/01
FET #2 BFP!!!
John Thomas (J.T.) born 1/17/06 8lbs. 11oz. 21 inches and so YUMMY!!!
05-03-2006, 12:03 PM #3CdnMomRegistered User Over 5,000 Posthas no status.
- Join Date
- Jan 2002
- it's yours to discover it's your.........
- Blog Entries
1) My name is Michelle
2) I am 34 years old
3) I have an almost 5 year old DD and a 13 month old DS
4) This is my 2nd Marriage, 1st one ended when I was 8 months pg with DD and he left me when she was 3 weeks old for his girlfriend who was not pg
5) I am terrified of balloons, fireworks and thunderstorms(all the big bangs that get me)
6) I have an older brother who is 9 years older than me and a younger brother who is 3 years younger to me
7) My DH is 8 years older than me
8) My DH's hobby is his race car
9) I love to eat Pasta
10) I drink Coke....never Pepsi YUCK!
11) I am Canadian(if you didn't guess by my posting name)
12) I was married in Punta Cana, DR
13) Favourite flower: Lilies and yellow roses
14) I love watching AI, Survivor, Amazing Race etc
15) I am a non smoker, never smoked once in my life
16) Drink maybe once a year
17) Favourite Fast Food: Lick's Burger
18) I don't like Coffee
19) My current carreer is stay at home mom and working from home for my old company as a Purchasing Agent
20) My DH is the love of my life
21) My 2 beautiful children are the most important people in this world to me and I love them to the depths of my soulMichelle -- Momma to my A-Team
Ashleigh 9 years old In a blink of an eye, my girl is growing up way too fast! Grade 4 here she comes ♥
Aidan 5 years old old with a passion for movies & Severe Reflux starting Senior Kindergarten in Sept 2010♥
6 m/c's and finally
Our family is complete
05-03-2006, 08:30 PM #4SusanLRegistered User Over 5,000 Posthas no status.
- Join Date
- Jan 2002
- Blog Entries
- My Mood
1- My name is Susan
2- I am 39
3- my dh is 47
4- we've been married for almost 9 yrs and dated for 3 1/2 yrs
5- my older ds is 4 1/3
6- my younger ds is 2 1/2
7- both were conceived naturally after 3 1/2 yrs of if/ttc (2 failed IVF's and 4 failed IUI's)
8- i'm still amazed that my amazing little boys are mine
9- i had a 3rd surprise pg in late 2004 that sadly ended in miscarriage
10- after much thought, we made the hard decision to call our family complete
11- i'm always trying to keep my boys from growing up too fast- many say i baby them too much
12- i'm very sentimental and have only gotten rid of a few baby things
13- i live in the midwest and have for most of my life
14- i am the oldest child in my family and have a sister and a brother
15- my sister has 3 dd's and my brother has 1- wish i lived closer to them so i could get a girly fix more often
16- i work very part-time (about 10-12 hrs/wk) as the accountant for a small company
17- i wish i could take a 2-3 yr leave of absence from my job, but they are soooo flexible that i want to work there when my boys are in school
18- i work out 5 days/week, but i love to eat so i don't look like it
19- i love, love sweets- especially brownies
20- i'm a sucker for my boys- no wonder they expect something everytime we go to the mall or to target
21- buzz lightyear rules our house
22- we added to the buzz collection today- bought buzz plates and cups at the disney store
sorry for no caps- i'm lazy
what a great idea! looking forward to getting to know all of you better
Last edited by Susan_St; 05-03-2006 at 09:24 PM.Susan & my miracles:
^i^ - 11/04
05-03-2006, 08:55 PM #5AdrienneRegistered User Over 5,000 Posthas status.
- Join Date
- Jan 2002
- Deep In The Heart....
- My Mood
1, I'm Adrienne
2. I'm 45
3 dh is 58
4. dh is retiring at the end of this school year after 35 years in education
5. we are approaching our 8th anniv
6. dh was married before for 27 years
7. dh has
a 38 y/o dd with 2 dd's
8. dh's son David died 9/04 from a ruptured abdominal aneursym
9. David left behind a ds
10. I was a grandma (step) before I was a mom
11. I had my ds when I was 40 and he is 5 now and such a sweatheart
12. I'm an occuptational therapist--23 years now
13. I don't really have any fears of phobias--well, except for the normal mom anxieties and the "I have to much medical knowledge" sort of things
14. I work part time but it is a demanding job in home health
15. we have 3 dogs, 3 cats, a tarantula, fish, frogs, cockatiel and my dh raises Silkie chickens
16. I am #4 of 5 children and all my siblings have 2 or 3 kids and I have one greatnephew and soon will have another
17. My parents are active, healthy and still traveling a great deal in their 80's
18. I have a wonderful group of girlfriends that I've known for over 15 years and we get together regularly
19. I like to watch Grays anatomy and Desperate housewives, What about Brian, PBS, History channel
20. I hate coffee and drink hot tea with milk
Last edited by Adrienne; 05-05-2006 at 08:28 AM.
05-04-2006, 10:49 AM #6mytwobabiesRegistered Userhas no status.
- Join Date
- Jan 2002
- Morrow County, Ohio
- Blog Entries
1. My name is Sheryl, my username used to be SherylOH, but changed earlier this year.
2. I have a daughter who is 4 1/2, and a 3 1/2 year old son. We ttc ever since we got married in 1994 and went through countless clomid/bms, injectible/bms cycles and a failed GIFT before we had a chemical pg with IVF/ICSI. Both of our children are from IUI's, though. When Brianna was 7 months old we decided to go ahead with the second IUI and try for #2 since it took so long to get pg, worked first try. I had a very rough pregnancy with Noah, my water broke at 22 weeks and I was on total hospital bedrest until he was born via emergency c section at 28 weeks. He was a very sick little boy and spent almost 2 months in the hospital. He came home when he was 7 1/2 weeks old and was on oxygen until he was 5 months old. He's now very, very healthy.
3.I am very afraid of bees and wasps. I scream when they get anywhere near me.
4. I have lived in Ohio my entire life. I live only 12 miles from where I grew up.
5. We got engaged 2 weeks after we met. We got married 11 months after we got together. My parents can beat that, though. They got married after knowing each other for SIX HOURS! My mom passed away 7 years ago, but this year would have been 50 years for them.
6. I have an Associate's Degree in Accounting. I worked for a major health insurance company for 11 years, lost that job due to office politics, worked for a mutual fund company for 1 year, lost that job in November due to illness. I'm starting a new job with another major health insurance company on Monday, May 8th and I'm so excited! Dh is self-employed as a contractor and owns a lawn care service in the warmer months.
7. I love trying to make money on ebay, not going very well yet.
8. I try to keep up with my house, but I've got 2 toddlers and a 38 year old kid who can't seem to pick up after himself, lol.
9. I've never smoked. I grew up with two smokers and now have chronic bronchitis and COPD from it. I drink only when we go to the NASCAR race in Martinsville, VA every April and our annual trip to the condo in Florida.
10. I collect water globes from the places I visit. And, people bring them back for me from the places that they go that I probably never will visit.
11. I hate when dh picks at his hands, or chews his hands/fingers, grosses me out. I hate the sound.
12. I have a brother who is 4 years older than me and a half-sister who is in her 50's that I've never met and probably never will.
13. I'm 34 and will be 35 in December. Dh is 38 and will be 39 in September.
14. We have a dog named Alex, he's 10. He's a Gordon Setter and totally spoiled. We also have a cat named Crystal, she looks like a Siamese, but is actually a mixed breed.
15. I'm trying to get my house clean, little by little. It's hard when you feel like crap every day.
16. Favorite color is yellow.
17. My dd is going to be very well dressed. I have bought a lot for her on the LA board, but my favorite is the local Goodwill, they are a gold mine.
18. My favorite movie is St. Elmo's Fire. It's from when I was a teenager and has Rob Lowe, Emilio Estevez, Andrew McCarthy, Judd Nelson, Demi Moore, Ally Sheedy and Mare Winningham, I LOVE it and could watch it over and over again.
20. I am a HUGE Ohio State Buckeyes and Cincinnati Bengals fan!!
21. I have had the same best friend since we were young toddlers. We are both in our 30's now and even though she lives in TN, and I'm in OH, we are still as close or closer than ever before.Me (37) dh (41) 10/01/94
DISCLAIMER: Fertile Thoughts allows advertisers to publish information about their services. Fertile Thoughts does not provide medical advice or endorse any particular service or approach to treating infertility. We encourage people to learn as much as possible about the range of options available before committing to any one. We also encourage users to share their thoughts on all fertility options on our forums.