FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

SmilingHelps
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

What to eat to spread those legs?

Hey Ladies!

I should have posted this on the "friarfly" thread, but you know...maybe not everyone is as nosey as I am and checks every thread. lol! I have the big gender determination ultrasound on monday and I am totally excited! However, I am so nervous that this is our one chance to get it done this month and, what if our baby doesnt cooperate? lol. After this, my OB will not do another ultrasound until mid-June leaving me impatiently waiting if this does not work out. I plan to leave my OB and switch to another, but I don't know when I will be able to get in with the other.
    Amy and I have talked about this a little. She suggested OJ to get that little body a movin'. However, my best friend has suggested a couple of swigs of coke (ahhhh. my old friend!). I am considering eating pancakes with syrup for breakfast, but I don't want the baby to be so active that they can't see the wee wee.
    What did you guys drink/eat before your ultrasounds? (especially those that know the gender or have been pregs before). My ideal picture is the baby lying in a relaxed position with its legs spread wide! lol.. but doubt that will happen.
    Courage is not freedom from Fear.
    It is being afraid and continuing on.
    www.photobucket.com/jenniferandmia

2. AmyA
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I think the pancakes & OJ will do it! I had to laugh when I saw you title.
    Amy

HeatherPa
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Tired
    I drank OJ and had some cinnamon sugar toast with Nicholas. I don;t think that I did anything special with Andrew. Andrew was a little hard but they let me get up and empty my bladder and jump around to see if he would shift.
    Heather Mommy to:
    NICHOLAS 1/16/01
    ANDREW 6/20/03
    CAROLINE 10/16/06
    M/C 10/05

Kristip
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jen- You really made me wonder who was spreading those legs!! lol

My Ob said drink juice or something sweet in the am to get everyone more active!

Good luck!!

KnittingMarie
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sugar and caffeine sounds like a winning combination to me. You've avoided it for this long, one soda will not be harmful at all!
    Dx PCOS in 1999; Married to Jim in 2002
    Proud Mama to five miracles:
    Bonnie 2 years, and The Quads: Melanie, Oliver, Teddy, and Audrey, 7 months!

MelanieS
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello- I had a chocolate glazed doughnut and a half caff latte.

Carolinalsw
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    barge from September* I had my anatomical scan (where they measure EVERYTHING) a couple weeks ago, and my little boy was so tired that I had to go back the next day so that she could finish some of the measurements...The u/s tech asked me to drink a BIG cup of coffee, and some coke before my appt. and I was O, so happy to oblige! Take this opportunity to drink your favorite caffeinated beverage. It won't hurt the little one, and I still remember fondly the drinking of that diet coke, and coffee.

trips+1
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    July barge...

I did my 3-d sonogram last Wednesday. The tech told me that since I was 29 weeks along to drink a caffeinated beverage and eat TWO candy bars 30 minutes before my appointment. Now I'm preggo with trips and don't have room for that much so I had a diet pepsi and a few bites of a snicker bar. That did the trick and everyone was moving good. We got images of all three of the babies faces...sugar and caffeine are usually a good bet!!!