FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

slowmotion
    what are we suppose to write here?
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired

I feel full all the time

For the past 2-3 months I feel full all the time. I have a small breakfast and a small lunch and after that I feel like something is stuck in my throat and the food wont go down. I pretty much cant eat anything else, exept liquids after lunch time. The feeling of fullness is really weird. Before I got pregnant, I was hungry all the time. I am 16 weeks and have not even gained 1 pound, which is fine with me and the Dr. doesnt care either. But, does anyone else have this feeling of fullness. Will it ever go away. I see everyone else, talks about how they have certain cravings and they are hungry all the time.

2. Advertisement

sassymermaid
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same issue in a sense. I'm starving to death, but feel like I have no room to eat. I eat anyways and I can only eat a little bit. When I keep eating, it is the worst feeling in the world! I have severe abd. discomfort, I feel like everything is coming up through my throat - it's absolutely uncomfortable. I noticed the same exact feeling when I had to drink water for my NT scan. I've finally gotten to the point where I'm eating very small meals, finishing while I'm a tad bit hungry still and then snacking a bit later. It's like I'm starving, full, uncomfortable and have heartburn all in one. I get the heartburn if I DON'T eat - when my stomach is empty is when it is bad! I'm really forcing myself to eat 5 small meals a day.

I had the same thing with my first IVF when I had OHSS. There was so much fluid that it pushed up into my abdomen and the full feeling before and after eating just a bit was unbearable.

I FINALLY gained 3 pounds - I'm 14w with twins and I've been shocked I haven't gained. But like yours, my OB doesn't mind at all. I'm on the heavy side to start with so I think the babies are living off my surplus! My sister had twins and she was very much in shape and only gained 15# throughout her pregnancy.

It's weird that you can't really eat after lunch - I hope the feeling gets better for you!!

ainsley
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am full feeling all the time too. I will be STARVING in the morning and just eat a bowl of cereal and I am stuffed! Then about an hour later I can eat a banana or something else. Then the worst is when I eat dinner. I will eat and then I am so full I can't move. I am miserable and have to lay down for a while before I clean up the kitchen. I on the other hand have gained 10 pounds already!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! I don't really feel that I am eating any more than I did when I wasn't pregnant. I definately am not "eating for two", but I do get that full feeling after I eat. I also get heartburn at night and what feels like heart palpitations. My OB said Tums were fine and usually a couple before bed do the trick.

keleric1017
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I feel like sassy. I'm hungry all the time, but I feel full too. It's awful. Just know that it will get better!
    Kelly 31 DH 34
    Marley Mae
    November 15, 2005
    TWINS!
    Aidan Paul 5lbs 5oz
    Addison Marie 5lbs 1oz
    October 21, 2008 at 34w5d

cmurt
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I just flip flop back and forth. Most times I am starving, eat half my dinner or lunch and then can't move. So far the heartburn isn't too bad, but Tums should help take the edge off. With my first pg I carried a huge bottle in my purse! DH thought I was crazy.

I hope this passes and try keeping snacks in your purse with you while you are out, that way you can eat a little while you are on the go!
    Me:31 DH:48
    DD 11/27/06
    Twins Ethan and Elizabeth now 6 months old!!

PharmGirl
    has no status.
    Kansas (Greater Kansas City) Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was this way (always full) with DD, but this pg I am pretty much hungry all the time but get full pretty quick. Oddly, I still haven't gained any wt. I didn't gain much with DD either, but I feel like I am always nibbling with this pg. I also had lot of heart burn with DD and nothing this pg.

Every pg is different. Good luck.
    Angel
    TTC#1 4 years (IUI #3 a success)
    Reese Maribel born 2/12/2007
    TTC #2
    IUI #1 Feb 2008 BFP - wow!
    3/3/08 14 dpiui beta - 297
    3/5/08 16 dpiui beta - 599
    3/7/08 18 dpiui beta - 1196
    1st ultrasound - 1 liitle jelly bean!!
    EDD 11/12/08 Yahoo!!

yelhsalehcar
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    I'm constantly hungry but it doesn't take much to fill me up. I found that eating a little bit every couple of hours seems to help. At my last appointment I had gained 11 pounds total. 5 pounds by my first appt., another 5 lbs at the second appt. and 1 lb at my third.

frdzgrl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel hungry, but don't always eat, and then when I do, I feel full pretty quickly. I'm like some others that feel like I scarf at dinner time but then need to "rest" before I do anything.
    -Nikki

DD: 10-6-2006
    DS: 10-22-2008