FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Sue1976
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone experienced itchy feet and ankles?

Along with the incredibly annoying itch on my belly, the tops of my feet and around my ankles itch like crazy! Especially on my right foor which aches also. Its not constant, but mainly at night after a shower. Do you think its the swelling that's causing it? Cream doesn't really help either. My legs itch a little but I think its from shaving.
    ~EDD 11/25/05~

2. Advertisement

keleric1017
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I've been having itchy ankles. I think it may be because my skin is kind of dry to begin with, and it's getting colder now. I think it possibly could be the swelling causing it too. I haven't had too much swelling of my feet and ankles, but my hands would swell, and then they would itch more. On a positive note, with the cold weather coming, I don't seem to be as swollen either.

Sue, I see you're from PA, which area? I'm around Reading.
    Kelly 31 DH 34
    Marley Mae
    November 15, 2005
    TWINS!
    Aidan Paul 5lbs 5oz
    Addison Marie 5lbs 1oz
    October 21, 2008 at 34w5d

Sue1976
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm from the Poconos, Bushkill in Pike County. Its really cold tonight. Its finally feeling like November! I'm trying to picture where you are. I get confused with Reeding and Reading all the time.

Yea, the cold, drier weather could be to blame for extra itching.
    ~EDD 11/25/05~

keleric1017
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm south of you, in Berks county. It would take me about 2 1/2 -3 hourse to get to the Poconos.

I think it's cold here, I can imagine how cold it is up there! Did you get snow last night? I saw they said there might be a few flakes in the Poconos!
    Kelly 31 DH 34
    Marley Mae
    November 15, 2005
    TWINS!
    Aidan Paul 5lbs 5oz
    Addison Marie 5lbs 1oz
    October 21, 2008 at 34w5d

buttons99
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had that the few weeks prior to having my twins a few weeks ago. The itching was exactly where you described it! Drove me CRAZY. Lotion didn't work... sometimes I would put ice on them... and I also got a soft bristle brush (like the kind you use in a shower) and rubbed them. That bristle brush is the only thing that brought me relief!

Hope it goes away soon!
    HUGS
    6 years of infertility:
    2 failed clomid timed intercourse cycles
    1 failed clomid IUI cycle
    3 failed IUI w/ inj cycles
    DH finally diagnosed with Male Factor: must go directly to IVF ICSI
    1st IVF ICSI= DS!! born 2002
    2nd IVF ICSI 1/'05: BFN
    3rd IVF ICSI 3/'5: BFP!

Sassafrass
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pardon my barge from the December board I know this thread is a bit old, but I have the same thing. When DH and I are watching movies I'll just stick my foot on his lap and grin really big and he'll know just where to scratch

The upside for me (haha, I can't believe I'm considering this an upside!) is that I got PUPPP which was one of the worst weeks of my life. It's a horrid itchy rash that nothing will soothe. Well, prednisone does eventually I'm still taking a small dose of that, but what helps with the itchy ankles is the RX strength hydrocortizone cream. My OB said the itchy ankles are really common and mine are caused by something other than what caused PUPPP (pregnancy hormones). Anyhow, if you are really suffering and the cold foot soaks aren't doing it for you, ask for a 0.2% hydrocortizone cream to help you out. I wouldn't sleep a wink and would probably have clawed myself bloody without it.