FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

aussiemom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

IVF with ICSI and AH?

Has anyone had the IVF with ICSI and AH? I am tossing the idea of having this done and am wondering if anyone has heard bad things or lower preg rates with this?

2. Advertisement

Aly07
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Preg Ment

We did this because we had unexplained IF so the Dr thought ICSI would be our best bet. We did AH because after they did ICSI they found that I have super thick zona's on my eggs. It worked for us. I'm almost 34weeks with a baby boy.

I have heard that ICSI and AH actually have a HIGHER sucess rate not lower.

Good Luck!

MissMaryann
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is AH?

KAMILI
    is taking a mommy break :)
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    assisted hatching.
    we did ICSI (doctors automatically done it anyways) but never w/ AH, never needed to. At least, not right now.

prairiegirl07
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful

prenancy mentioned

We did the first IVF with just ICSI as we didn't have a choice. Then for try number 2 we did ICSI with AH. It was either that or put three back in. The AH gives you a 2-4% more success rate per embryo. The doc said that the embryologist said that she didn't think AH was necessary, but we thought we'd give it a shot. I got beta number 2 back today and my numbers doubled nicely. Good luck!

JenX
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    ICSI helps more eggs fertilize...it is usually essential for those with male factor...at least bad male factor...many clinics do it for everyone...it does cost more.

AH I've used a couple times if the clinic recommends it...it can overcome some issues with the shell being thick and the embryo not being able to hatch on its own...this is usually seen in older individuals but again some clinics do it for all..

I've done it at WR...they were good at both of them...

cntrygrl23
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Twisted
    This will be my first IVF in March, but I think that I would like to do both, just because this is our final thing. Whatever embies we get we will use till pg, so I want to do all that we can.