FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    KMinVA
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

IVF at Walter Reed

A little background info on me...I am 32 and my DH is 37. I have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility (secondary infertility, I have 2 kids-one with my husband and one from a previous relationship). I had a miscarriage in September of 06 just after my youngest just turned 1. We did 3 rounds of clomid with TI and 3 rounds of clomid with IUI. We are now moving on to IVF and feeling kind of rushed into it. To complicate things my husband Geo Bach'd to Camp Pendleton in June and he is deploying in November. So they fit me into the October cycle at WR, but it's all still up in the air since my husband is not sure if he'll be able to come back for the ER.

Can anyone tell me about their IVF experience at Walter Reed? Darshana gave me calendar, so I kind of know what to expect in terms of Blood and Sonogram appointments go and approximately when my DH needs to be here. But, they haven't given me much more info than that. I am assuming I will get all the info I need after the orientation, but I'd like to know more. I've read all about IVF, but I want to get personal experiences from those of you that had IVF at WR. How accurate is the calendar they have for appointments? How much does it generally slide to the left or right? I know that everyone responds differently to meds, but I just wanted to get a better idea of what to expect.

TIA!

Karen

2. Advertisement

BayouMommy
    is preparing for IVF #2
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Welcome back to the boards, I wish I could give you info about WR but I've never cycled there...I know the ladies should be on soon to answer your questions. I wish you the best in this upcoming cycle and look forward to going thru this journey with you.

LadyinWaiting
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Karen, My calendar was only 1 day forward of the predicted ER. They were pretty on point for me. I know how you feel about being rushed into IVF. We did a few (like 3 cycles of clomid, 1 IUI and we were told that it was IVF for us. WR doesnt do Injectibles only cycles. They refer you for IVF. `

nurdobb
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've done three IVF cycles at WR. I've never had my ER on the scheduled day. If I remember correctly, I went a day or two later during my first two cycles and I went a day or two early for the last one. It totally depends on your response, so when they say that calendar is tentative, they're not kidding. I hope everything works out for you. Good luck!
    Me (36) DH (37)
    IVF/ICSI #1-Jan. 2004 BFN (WR)
    IVF #2-Apr. 2005 BFP (WR) DD#1
    IVF #3-May 2007 BFP (WR) DD#2

gagirl80
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did IVF with WR in July my expericence with them was good. The are great at what they do but at times you may feel left in the dark with them I think it is b/c they are just so busy. My calendar they gave me for my cycle was totally different from how my cycle went, I went really fast. I hope your cycle with them is a great one

JenX
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I did two IVF's at WR....your baseline will be set and stay the same once you start BCP's...that is all mapped out pretty good....but like everyone said..it really depends on how you respond to meds. I was slower than normal and took 12 days to stim to trigger so I was behind the schedule.

What kind of leeway do you have with your husband...is he going to be home at any point beforehand so you could freeze sperm if you wanted to? Do you have any idea when he might be able to come home?

It is always crazy when you move into IVF....it is rush rush kind of stuff. I don't think you would feel too much difference even if you waited several months. Let us know if we can help
    Jen 36 DH 39 Married 4 years

IVF #1 BFN
    IVF#2 chemical
    IVF#3 civilian shared risk missed miscarriage 10w5d
    IVF#4 Chemical
    IVF#5 6/09 BFP 14dpr-233
    16dpr-510
    18dpr-767 different lab
    21dpr-2267
    Diagnosed Compound Heterozygous MTHFR and Rheumatoid Arthritis

Aubie
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did 2 cycles with WR & like everyone states what they give you is a 'best guess' of tentative dates for trigger, er & et based on what the average lady of your particular age/situation does but I'm a very fast atypical responder (they asked if they could write me up since my case was one for the books) My ER & ET were much earlier than the norm since I triggered 3/4 days earler
    Me (36) & DH (36) Married 15.5 yrs
    9 Dx: Hydros (removed 6/14/06) & Prothrombin mutation
    IVF #2 (WR):N

KMinVA
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your responses ladies. My husband will try to come home Columbus Day weekend and freeze sperm, just in case he doesn't make it for the actual IVF. Obviously it would be better if he were actually here, but I'll take what I can get.

Another thing is I was given the tentative calendar, but I have not heard from Leslie (finance) yet. My baseline is on the calendar for Wednesday. Should I assume I should go to the baseline appointment, or do I have to wait for a response from Leslie and a call back from Donna or Darshana?

Thanks again ladies!

Karen

JenX
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Weird that they scheduled your baseline before you got financial approval from Leslie...that is kind of backwards...I wouldn't wait for a call....I would just call Leslie and make sure you are ready to be cleared and pay...so it won't hold anything up. I would even call today. You don't want anything to get messed up..her number is prly somewhere on the board if you don't have it

TwinMommy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Karen

I agree with PP, give Leslie a call and make sure that you are financially cleared. They probably penciled you in for Wed. (that's what they did for me). But nothing will happen unless you get financially cleared.

On a side note, let me know if you definitely have a b/l on Wed., I will be there also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast