FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Low Sperm Count and Motility

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IT_Guru
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks infertilityblog, that's a good read. I have been looking for info comparing the different types of drug I can take. Right now I am on Clomid and like I said it does not seam to have increased my count so I'm looking into hCG and I'm going to talk about it with my DR. This just gives me a bit of info on the topic before I just take him blindly at his word when I'm in the office. As you can find with other posts I like to question everything and having research to back it up with is wonderful.
    Me(32) DW (36)
    Married: Sep 2004
    Diagnosis: DW low p4 / low Testosterone
    IUI #1 July 20 '09 @ 5mg Farmara & Ovidril -- BFN
    Sep 24 '09 - Starting Clomid
    IUI #2 November 06 '09 -- BFN
    IUI #3 Dec. 01 '09 -- BFN
    IUI #4 Dec. 26 '09 -- BFN
    May 25 '10 - Polyp Removed
    Aug 19 '10 -- BFP on HPT
    Beta #1 Aug 20 '10 -- 3309
    Beta #2 Aug 23 '10 -- 11029
    U/S AUG 31 '10 --

2. Advertisement

infertilityblog
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

white paper on hypogonadism

Quote Originally Posted by IT_Guru View Post
    and having research to back it up with is wonderful.
    I found this whitepaper to be a good read.

http://www.aace.com/pub/pdf/guidelines/hypogonadism.pdf

Interesting on the non impact of clomid to count. I'm lucky on that front, I have plenty, they are just DOA / aren't interested in swimming anywhere. If I have the same success with Clomid as you, then there should be plenty enough live ammo to avoid IVF.

For me FSH, LH, TSH, and Prolactin were all w/in range for the lab, the free testosterone was at the very low end of acceptable (9 and 5-40 is normal) and the total testosterone was slightly below normal according to this lab (314 and the range is 332-896).

The goal for me is to NOT have to pay for IVF/ICSI... we'd much prefer to remodel the bathroom with that money than buy the fertility doctor a new Lexus.

Ruth
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you guys. My husband has seen a reproductive urologist last May. He has some tiny varicole vein which shouldn't be a concern. His hormone level was good. I was hoping it was off so that by taking medicine it could be improved. The doctor said there is no other choice other than doing IVF.

infertilityblog
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems like I've read of Doctors throwing Clomid prescriptions at guys just to see if it kicks the machinery into motion. Since 100 bucks of Clomid is a lot cheaper than IVF/ICSI, that would be one last thing to explore.

Also I should note that on my home testing- I've randomly been seeing my motility go through the roof (3 times now) within the first month on Clomid. I wouldn't know this if I weren't checking these myself on the microscope at home.

It bothers me that Doctors are in such a rush to get women into the 15k solution, which isn't always successful the first try.

Here's something else to watch out for- We paid for IFV once (normal- no ICSI) and my wife's body was resistant to meds and they only got 1 egg.

We spent 5k finding that out. The doctor just shrugged his shoulders. Only one of the parties involved drives a Lexus and it isn't us.

If ICSI is what it REALLY takes, I'll pay for it, but not until we've exhausted avenues of fixing me.

stephanic
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Low Sperm Count and Motility

Hi everyone,

Sperm count and motility is an important part of semen analysis. When sperm count decreases then effect is on semen level. Though the semen has some percentage but motility should be in better level otherwise it can have a bad affect on sexual health. Sperm defect can be found in motility or morphology. So in this situation, treatment is necessary so that men can perform well with their partner and don't feel shame while having sex.
    Get more on: https://sites.google.com/site/benefitsofsemenax/

BC-Tryn depriest
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    I'm so sorry if I offend any one but I have to say this, in my situation, honesty would have saved us thousands on meds, my husband has really low count 1.2 million but only has 4 percent morphology and excellent motility, the problem he has is after a year of meds and every kind of vitamin know to increase there was only a small change, the problem we had was pot in his younger years, plus cigarettes and mt.dew. he didn't want to tell the dr. He had smoked and he is one of the 20 percent of men that has a unreversable deformed sperm from bad life choices, if we would have just stated this from the start we could have saved a ton..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12