FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

lost1112
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation clomid and testosterone

ok just wondering if testosterone injections raised my testosterone levels but lowerd my FSH and LH levels while clomid raised FSH andLH levels but let testosterone levels drop could a combination of both of them do all that i need i know i am grasping at straws but when your told testicular failure and that your only alternative that the doc is willing to offer is IVF with donor sperm well you understand why i am willing to grasp. please dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with using donor if we have to go that way but would like to try anything and everything even treatments that have not been done before to try and get my wife pregnat so if any one has info on the way these two drugs work either together or by themselfs please answer this message thank you and god bless us all.

2. Advertisement

lost1112
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO THEY HAVE NOT DONE ANY BIOPSY AT ALL my doctor has simply given up on trying anything at all his only option is IVF with donor sperm he says even if they do biopsy they would most likly
    not find anything so he does not want to waste my money(thats a joke)and go right for something he thinks will work. I have demanded an appointment with an endocrine doctor who is a specialiest in reproduction that is on Monday the 28 of March so hopefully i will have more info after that

pupandbon
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My husband has Klinefelter's Syndrome and is on testosterone gel instead of injections. We have been told that the "artificial" testo causes sterility and stops any sperm production that you might have. If we choose to have TESE procedure, he has to stop the gel at least 6 months prior to the TESE in order to allow his body to make sperm if it does since the gel is supposedly stopping any that he should be making at this point. I am interested to hear what you learn from your appointment. We have been told the same thing that donor is our only option due to them not believing they would find anything anyway even if we did the TESE. Please update us...Rebecca

lost1112
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

first I would like to thank all of you here that sent me replies not just for the words but for the feeling behind them as well. Now as for my appointment yesturday well here goes, it was with an endogrine doctor as well as a uroligist who works with infertility. the uroligist was there because the endocrine doc asked him to sit in. They both want to redo the SA just to make sure there is no sperm in it and then we will look at doing a biopsy to find out if there is any to be captured if both of these are negitive then they will imediatly place me on testosterone injections and yes at that time my quest to be a biological father is over. They both told me they would leave no stone unturned untill they were 100% sure one way or the other. Now as to the question about clomid and testosterone here is the explanation of that clomid raises the FSH and LH which a man needs to make sperm and testosterone. the injections rasie the levels of testosterone in the body but have the side affect of making the brain think that the body has enough testosterone that it should shut down the production of FSH and LH. now as I was hoping in thought that a combination of the two clomid and the injections would provide all the hormones I need but unfortantly it will not yes the clomid will raise the FSH and LH while the testosterone will raise the level of testosterone in my body but what they now know is that only testosterone produced in the testies can produce sperm and there is no way to get the level in the testies correct enough to fool the body and make it start producing sperm as you had asked pupandbon the gel or the injections both do the same thing and yes will stop the body from producing any sperm and as in your situation the doctors are not too hopefull of finding any in a biopsy so i may be looking at donor if we decide that a child is our priority. i have done a lot of thinking on the biopsy part of this because of other health concerns (Diabetes and a form of muscular distrophy) my wife is against me haveing the test done in her mind it is better to have just me and no child rather than take a chance and end up without me and yes the doctors have told us both it would be a risky proceduare but the way I am thinking if the end results are a pregnacy then the end justifies all. I hope that some of you may have your own oppion on this and I would welcome the chance to hear them will keep you all posted of other appointments as well as any new info and again thank you all for the replies