FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

kellie101
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Fresh Embryo Transfer

Hi Everyone. A week ago i had 2 fresh embryos implanted. This is my third and final transfer attempt. I have had a bit of brown bleeding yesterday and a small amount again today. No cramping but am quite concerned. Is this implantation bleeding or what? I am from Australia and would love to chat with someone going through a similar thing. Kellie

2. Advertisement

LouHoo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't lose hope (pg ment)

Kellie,

It's impossible to really know the cause of your bleeding, but here's some hope. Back in 2002, on my fifth IVF attempt, I had bleeding that started just over a week after my embryo transfer. I was sure it was my period and that I was not pregnant. I had all of the symptoms of menstruation (sore back, headaches, sore breasts) and I was terribly depressed. But it turned out that I was pg and now I have a two year old ds to show for it. The doctors and nurses already said to keep taking progesterone and estrogen and whatever else you're taking until they get the beta results, even though I wanted to just stop everything once I started bleeding. Now I know why they say that! So stay positive and I hope that it turns out to be a BFP for you!

I do remember that I called the RE when my bleeding started, and he told me to take it easy, so you may want to take it easy, or at least call the RE and see what he says. Good luck!
    - LouHoo (38); DH (42)

6 IUIs, 7 IVFs, 3 FETs
    DS born 6/22/03 and one ectopic (IVF #4)
    M/C at 8 weeks (FET #2)
    DS born 12/28/2006 (natural surprise)
    DD born 8/18/2008 (another natural surprise)

kellie101
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks LouHoo for your reply,
    I have spoken to my clinic nurse and she has said it may be a good sign that it may be implantation bleeding and to keep up the progesterone . So today I feel much better and now I have read your reply I am sure to have better day. I am so surprised to hear you were pregnant with bleeding and the other symptoms. I have had similar symptoms to pmt as well.
    Well the bleeding has stopped today and tomorrow i have my blood test to see if i am pg. Fingers and toes crossed!
    Congratulations on your daughter by the way....how lovely!!