FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    jkph
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone tried Human Growth Hormone?

My RE has suggested that I add this to my next protocol. I was wondering if anyone had tried it. If so, did it help? Were there any side effects?

2. Advertisement

cathy25
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    I took human growth hormone during my 2nd IVF cycle. My protocol was kind of throw every possible drug at my body (DHEA, Co-Q10, testosterone, and estrogen during the month before; Steroids and Human Growth Hormone with the Stims). My RE didn't think any of these actually helped, but I have DOR and poor response to drugs. She did say that a lot of REs think that it works miracles, so it must work for some people. I think it's worth a try. I don't think I had any side effects from it, but it's hard for me to say because I was taking so many different drugs.

mich2730
    is in limbo right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Hi,

I'm on an antagonist protocol and this is my first IVF, and I was also given Omnitrope (HGH). I still don't know what the effect is on me, but I will be having my ER tomorrow, so I can let you know. One thing I can say is that I don't have a lot of follicles that ma be retrieved-- just maybe 5 or 6. However, I read that Omnitrope helps with the quality of eggs. Although I will not be doing my ET si about 4 days ( cancelled due to high progesterone and low E2.) I'm just hoping that I'll get good eggs.

Hope all's well with you.

Michelle

kat2012
    Patiently awaiting Feb. 1st

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    Starting HGH (Tev Tropin) in one week. Wondering how it worked for everyone? Thanks!

SC-Impatient_in_VA
    *ments* Baby pic in album
    Site Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    I have not tried it but I did cycle with several women who used it (Saizen) and they had really fantastic results. Both of them were well over 40, diminished reserve, got more than 20 eggs (!) and BFPs. IIRC one of them got twins that cycle.

It's REALLY expensive but do NOT purchase it on the street like I read some people doing on this site. #1 it's a controlled substance and #2 Who knows what the street stuff was cut with?

IVF-grade HGH is not meant to be interchanged with the swill that bodybuilders call HGH and shoot up with. I don't mean to rant about that but I am seriously scared every time I read about a woman using bodybuilder HGH instead of pharmaceutical grade.

HGH has risks associated with it that your doctor can discuss with you. I'm sure he already did, so I won't go over them. But at some point a small risk is worth the pay-off.

jkph
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not really sure how it worked for me. I used it in my last cycle but they let my previous 2 frozen cycles grow with this cycle so I am not sure which embryos were from which cycle. I can say that I didn't have any new side effects, except maybe that I was a little more hungry than usual.

Shapeshifter
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Hi JKPH/All, I am on saizen for this, my third cycle. I have DOR and my history is in the signature block below. I'm at CD8 of stims at the moment and have 5 follicles 12mm and above - 15,14,14,12,12 - this is the best result for me so far in terms of a cluster of similar length follicles and looks like being a 10 day stim cycle compared to 12 and 14 in former cycles. As for quality I'll have to get back to you.
    Me: 38; DH: 44 - Married 7/11 TTC 2.5 years
    DX: DOR - AMH 0.5, high FSH.

IVF#1 5/12 - antagonist. 1 blast trans - BFN.
    IVF#2 7/12 - agonist. 0 fert.
    IVF#3 9/12 - antagonist w ICSI, DHEA & Saizen. 2 blasts trans - BFP!

Beta1 - 96, beta2 - 826.
    7w scan - HB130.
    19w scan - it's a boy!

6/13/13 - Paddy's birthday! 10lbs, 22 inches long.

cathy25
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Shapeshifter- I'm glad to hear that it's working for you! I hope your follies keep growing strong!!

kat2012
    Patiently awaiting Feb. 1st

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    On Day 5 of stim meds with HGH-Tev-Tropin- No other side effects really other than I am hungrier than normal too. My husband is convinced if this works we'll have an Incredible Hulk Baby!! I told him that's not how it works

Day 5 and had 8 eggs on each ovary. I'm usually a fairly good responder though.

Tev-Tropin was not covered by insurance- Cost was 1500 for 5 vials (one vial good for 2 days)

Shapeshifter
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Hi guys, update in my experience with HGH. I am currently in the 2ww. My egg quality was worse in this round than my previous antagonist cycle in that I had 6mature eggs at ER, 6 fertilised with ICSI but at ET I had 2 embryos left with that made it to blastocyst, 1 grade 2/3 expanding blastocyst and 1 grade 3 'very early' blastocyst. The latter was put back in only because it was unlikely to make it to freeze and i didnt want to waste it. I guess the ultimate test is whether they make it but on the face of it I wouldn't say that the extra expense and daily needle during stims was worth it. I know different people respond differently though.
    Me: 38; DH: 44 - Married 7/11 TTC 2.5 years
    DX: DOR - AMH 0.5, high FSH.

IVF#1 5/12 - antagonist. 1 blast trans - BFN.
    IVF#2 7/12 - agonist. 0 fert.
    IVF#3 9/12 - antagonist w ICSI, DHEA & Saizen. 2 blasts trans - BFP!

Beta1 - 96, beta2 - 826.
    7w scan - HB130.
    19w scan - it's a boy!

6/13/13 - Paddy's birthday! 10lbs, 22 inches long.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast