FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

dg1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful

Crinone

Hi Ladies,

I just started using Crinone instead of PIO in preperation for a FET. This is TMI, but I feel like it is all in my underwear, How do I know that my body is absorbing it? Also did anyone else find the applicator uncomfortable? The nurses didn't really give me much guidance on this....

2. Advertisement

PaleSpring
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey there. I am also going to be starting Crinone today, since I am allergic to nuts and couldnt take the Prometrium that was originally prescribed for me. In the info sheet the pharmacist gave me, it says "As this product may leak and stain your underwear, you are advised to wear a sanitary napkin during the treatment". I havent taken my first dose yet, so I dont know if its uncomfortable. I dont know how much is leaking out of you or how much is to be expected, but if you are very concerned about it, maybe you can give your nurse a call to check? I will update tomorrow on how much I leak ha ha ha

Hope your insurance covered it! I was so surprised to see how much it cost!! My insurance loves to make a song and dance out of everything, I just hope I get at least something back for it!!!

Wishing you all the best for your FET
    Me: 29 DH: 31 TTC 4 yrs. Unexplained
    6 IUIs: 2010-11
    IVM: Feb '12. 9 eggs, 6 mature, 2 fert. ET of 2
    IVF: Apr '12. 14 eggs, 7 mature, 5 fert. d5t of 1 blast, 2 frozen
    FET: Sept '12. 1 d5 blast. BFP!!!!!! Thank You God!!
    Viability scan: Oct 2. Heartbeat!
    DD: May 25, 2013

tenseintexas
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    ....Mine has never been uncomfortable at all- you might wanna mention that to RE .... Some does leak out-- the only reason my RE let's me do it is because I don't have a prog prob.... She said she would make me do the shot if I had prog prob....
    Me (35) Balanced Translocation
    DH (36) low count and morphology
    IVF #1- 3DT of 2 embryos
    IVF #2 ICSI & PGD - 2 blasts -Chemical
    IVF #3 11 eggs- 2 fert - chemical
    IVF #4 6 eggs- 1 fert- PGD- XXY - BFN
    NEW RE-
    IVF #5 Long Lupron -13 Eggs/12mature /8 fertilized/7 biopsied for PGD --
    SEPT 1 - Transfer 2 Healthy embies- 1 boy and 1 girl
    BETA #1 - 254 BETA #2 - 531. BETA # 3- 1381-- TWINS!!

PaleSpring
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey dg1. I took my first application last night and then another one this morning. I didnt find it too uncomfortable. I used to use the Pre-Seed applicators and I found this felt pretty much the same. So maybe thats why I didnt find it uncomfortable, because I was used to it. I did wear a liner after applying it yesterday and didnt notice any discharge. But when I went to the bathroom *TMI* I did have a bit of thick goobly discharge, but not so much. I did read online alot of women mentioning about the discharge and even chunky discharge but that its all normal. If you are having a whooole lot of discharge or if its very uncomfortable to insert, then I suggest calling your nurse or doctor. I also read someone, maybe on the package insert or on the product website, that walking around after application helps it to absorb well, so maybe you can try that too. Hope this helps!

jkph
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Of all the fertility drugs, Crinone is my second to least favorite. 1st place would have to go to Clomid. I only took it once but that was enough for me.

Crinone is messy. It also makes me really tired. For those two reasons, I take it at night before bed. This makes it a little more tolerable.

Of all the fertility drugs, Crinone is my husband's least favorite. It's pretty much a show stopper.

Miska86
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Hi ladies. I took Crinone for 10 weeks after my transfer and I have to say, I really didn't mind it at all. Just to alert you, it can change colors. All different weird colors. If you do a search, check for the Colors of Crinone. I think Simmone is the author of the post here on FT. Yes, it is bad for intimacy and it does make you tired but all progesterone will likely make you tired.

My RE and many other ladies on my cycle were instructed to scoop it out from time to time. It is weird, after a few days it just builds up there. It doesn't get absorbed into the body. I hardly ever had leakage except when going to the bathroom.

Good luck to all of you!

PaleSpring
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Miska. Its only my second day but already I have noticed the colours and it did freak me out at first too! It was such a strange greyish-brownish colour that Ive never seen in discharge before! Gross sorry TMI! But its not so bad, just a bit when I go pee, no discharge otherwise
    What do you mean scoop it out from time to time, like insert your fingers into the cervix and whole chunks of it will come out that have just been sitting there for days??

Miska86
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Yes, gross. And yes, absolutely what I mean. I wouldn't go up to the cervix, but a finger in, a swoosh circle around and clear out the clumps. Gross and TMI I know, but that's how it is. That's how I was told to do it and several others in my Nov cycle as well. The way it was explained to me is that the crinone doesn't absorb into your body, just the progesterone does so the gunk is all left there so after a few days when you insert new, it doesn't touch the tissue of your body but only the other built up gunk and therefore doesn't absorb into your body as well. I scooped every 3 or so days. You'll be surprised at how much is in there too becuase it expands and puffs up like spray foam. I know, absolutely disgusting but in the end is worth it. I did the scooping in the shower and really since I didn't get much leakage otherwise I am sure I like it better than the endometrium which I have heard leaks out a lot. Certainly better than the POI.

I would say every RE is different so check with the nurse to be sure they agree with this process.

Amanda1021
    Believe in Miracles..
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Blah
    Hey Ladies,
    I will also be taking crinone and was told in the teaching by my nurse to "scoop" out the leftovers in the shower before inserting a new one. She said its almost like a cement consistency lol....awesome eh?

ME (33) PCOS
    DH (36) Everything is low and slow
    Feb 2012 IVF #1, Antagonist BFN
    October 2012 IVF # 2 Long Lupron, Severe OHSS, Cancelled. Freeze ALL
    August 2013 - FET #1, Cancelled slow development. 1 Day 6 Grade B frostie
    survived!
    October 2013 IVF #3, Antagonist, BFN

January 2014 IVF #4, Antagonist + FET BFP!!!!!!!! 6 wk scan - 1 bean HB 127

PaleSpring
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have been trying to scoop out, but dont seem to be getting too much. Hope thats because there isnt too much to scoop in the first place and not because Im not scooping deep enough!!!