FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    haileyscomet97
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Shocked
    I just got a call from my IVF nurse. She's ordering my meds! YAY! But now Im freaking out. She went over the protocol with me a little over the phone. Im going to be taking 225u follistim in the am and 150u of follistim in the pm along with 150u of menopur (double last times dose), and adding femera. PLUS Im not taking Lupron. Im freakin out a little. Has anyone ever done a protocol like this?
    Me 34 (DD 14)
    DH 31 (DD 13, DS 9)
    9/11 IVF #1 - 2 transfered, 0 froze = BFN
    01/12 IVF #2 - 3 transferred, 0 froze
    Beta 14dp3dt = 290
    Beta 16dp3dt = 621
    Beta 21dp3dt = 3959
    2/22 HB 122
    3/5 HB 181
    3/20 HB 164

2. Advertisement

mj_914
    is delighted.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Lilly -- Can you educate me on Lupron Flare? What do they do with the Lupron in that protocol?

dg1 -- Glad you made it through the hydrosono OK. Some people get pretty uncomfortable with those (me included!). The trial transfer will be a cinch!

haileyscomet -- I wish I had enough knowledge to answer your question, but I don't, so I won't even try. Is this your 2nd cycle then? Congrats on getting those meds ordered!
    Me: 35 DH: 36 , TTC #1 since 2/09
    2010: 2 ectopics
    IUIs: Useless
    9/11: Both tubes gone
    10/11: IVF#0 ~ LL, cancelled
    12/11: IVF#1 ~ ant., BFN
    2/12: FET#1 ~ BFN
    5/12: IVF#2 ~ ant., BFN
    8/12: IVF#3 ~ flare, BFN
    10/12: FET#2 ~ 13w2d loss
    6/13: FET #3 ~ BFP! at 7w!

haileyscomet97
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Lilly - Im a bit jealous that your ER/ET is so early in December. Lol. I will just barely be starting my stims then. I go off the pill 11/25 then my baseline will be sometime the week of 11/28-12/2. Then stims forever then ER/ET will be the week of 12/12-12/17. I guess that only puts me a week behind but it seems like an eternity lol!

MJ_914 - yes this will be our 2nd IVF attempt, the first was a horrible failure. They didnt get many eggs and what they did get I guess were poor quality. Only 34 and have rotten eggs. haha. (sorry I have to joke about it so I dont cry lol)

Does anyone know why my signature doesnt show up? I have it marked to show up....so kinda lost as to why its not there....
    Me 34 (DD 14)
    DH 31 (DD 13, DS 9)
    9/11 IVF #1 - 2 transfered, 0 froze = BFN
    01/12 IVF #2 - 3 transferred, 0 froze
    Beta 14dp3dt = 290
    Beta 16dp3dt = 621
    Beta 21dp3dt = 3959
    2/22 HB 122
    3/5 HB 181
    3/20 HB 164

Gloworm6
    is still in shock/awe.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed
    haileyscomet - I'm scheduled the same week in December, so we'll be waiting together.

heatherfla
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    mj914--

If they are adding in Ganirelix during your second week of stimming I think you are doing the antagonist protocol. I did it for my first IVF -- and my protcol was 75 iu Follistim / 75 iu Menopur a.m. & pm. and Ganirelix starting on stim day 6 or 7. Good luck
    Married May 2000; Me: 40, DH: 40
    Dx: Uterine polyps, DOR
    3/2011 IVF #1 chemical pregnancy
    5/2011 FET ectopic pregnancy
    12/2011 IVF #2 Loss @ 12 weeks Trisomy 18
    10/2012 IVF #3 w/ Donor Eggs @ AFCC: Fraternal Boy/Girl Twins
    5/5/13: 32w1d -- Nina & James, 4 lb 5 oz each

Lilly523
    is finally a mommy :)
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    mj_914 ~ With Lupron Flare, the Lupron is mixed into a microdose. So, when I go for my baseline I will take it with me and the nurse will reconfigure it. It starts just 1 day before stims and will continue until my trigger. It's really interesting how everyone responds differently to the various protocols. It seems like a lot of trial and error until they get it right unfortunately. :/

haileyscomet ~ You are just one week behind me. But trust me I know how each week feels like a lifetime! I am delayed a week because of stupid AF not showing on time. My ER/ET was supposed to originally be the end of November. I am just trying to remind myself how once the injections start, the time flies. You should be able to go to the "Settings" tab at the upper right corner and check the box to show your signature.
    Me 38, DH 36
    TTC #1 since May 2009 (6 fresh cycles)
    FET #2 ~ Feb. 2013 ~ BFP!
    DS born 9/27/13
    FET #3 ~ April 3, 2014 🙏

purplyn
    is hopeful again!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Lilly 523 – wow, you are such a trooper to be going through your 4th IVF.

Heatherha – maybe we’ll be in the same cycle I remember you from May/June time frame. Unfortunate that we see each other again here, but it’s nice to know someone going into the next cycle 

Wrightstephen – I recognize your name from summer cycle too. Sorry to see you here again.

BC lady bugs – nice to see you coordinating the forums. I hope you get your iphone too!!!

Hello ladies,

After months of not be able to bring myself to log on much.. I’m back. I see some familiar names and looking forward to supporting each other in the next couple months. I just had my RE appt today… we are doing meds when my next AF starts, expected to be mid December… so I might be more of a Jan cycle, but since there isn’t one started yet, I would like to join this one if that’s ok.
    So my DH and I decided to take it easy since Sept (3 months after D&C in Jun) and (and just try naturally to see what happens until the end of year)… at today’s appt, we decided to do IVF #2 next month. The RE said he plans to use the following drugs:

BCP, Lupron (new this time), Menopur, Gona-F (instead of Bravelle used last time), Lovenox (new this time) - for about 8-9 weeks after ET – I can’t believe these have to be injections for 8-9 weeks?? . My D&C said that my embryos were chromosomally normal and he said it was likely genetic problems (we got tested for single gene mutations and are fine). He will put me on Lovenox in addition to baby aspirin “in case there are coagulation” issues.

Has anyone used similar drugs?

What really triggered my appt with RE was b/c this past Friday, I thought since there was only 1 more month of “taking it easy”, I had this idea of using the extra full dose of clomid I had from months ago.. so I thought, what the heck? It’s not a big deal, why don’t I just take it days 5-9… I’m day 4 right now. Nothing to lose. When I spoke to RE, he said he needed to do u/s to see if there are any current cysts… and all that… well.. since we are paying totally out of pocket now, it will cost $300 for u/s and they waive office visit… I guess RE is super careful.. when my OB prescribed clomid to me last year (before we went through IF treatment) she didn’t make it a big deal at all… anyways, I’m debating taking the clomid pills… I know it probably sounds “cheap” of me to want to skip the u/s.. but I’m just thinking why sink the $300 into something that isn’t likely going to get me pregnant? I’d rather put $300 into the IVF #2. I did get a call back from my OB and she said it wasn’t a big deal to use the clomid and she didn’t think an ultrasound would be necessary (different thoughts than my RE)… I don’t know. I feel like my RE is being super careful since there is a risk of a cyst developing further and bursting… but since I haven’t ever had a cyst known to have developed in me, I think the risk is low… my DH thinks I should just drop the idea of using clomid this cycle and just move on to waiting for AF in December to starts meds…
    Last edited by purplyn; 11-07-2011 at 06:13 PM.
    Me: 34 DH: 44
    Dx DH: Sp cnt/morph - cancer survivor!
    IUI #1-3: 01/11-03/11, BFN

IVF,ICSI, AHA: May11, 6 eggs, 2ETD3
    6/23: D&C 9 wks

Jan '12: IVF #2
    ER: 1/26, 12 eggs, 7 fert
    ET: 1/31, 2ETday5, 3 fzn
    Betas: 292 - 8dp5dt
    556 - 10dp
    U/S: 2/24
    Due Date: 10/18 : BOY GIRL!
    Csxn: 10/1

heatherfla
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Purplyn,
    Hi there - nice to see you again although I am sorry for what you have gone through. I have some experience with the clomid thing too -- I did try it this Fall while wait to cycle again out of state in Dec. ... but I know that for me at 38 w/ a history of infertility my RE said it only changes the odds of conception / month from 4% to 5%. ugh! we tried it in aug + sep but we did forgo it in october b/c in the past (with my iui) i had a HUGE cyst afterwards. but i know with some people it doesn't cause cysts at all.

I am going to be mid-december / later in dec. transfer too.

Cheers
    Heather
    Married May 2000; Me: 40, DH: 40
    Dx: Uterine polyps, DOR
    3/2011 IVF #1 chemical pregnancy
    5/2011 FET ectopic pregnancy
    12/2011 IVF #2 Loss @ 12 weeks Trisomy 18
    10/2012 IVF #3 w/ Donor Eggs @ AFCC: Fraternal Boy/Girl Twins
    5/5/13: 32w1d -- Nina & James, 4 lb 5 oz each

gippiess
    is with fingers crossed that M/S is starting to wane!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    Hello everyone!

This is my first time with IVF, I just started BCP and going for the test transfer next week. DH had a vasectomy before we got married, we tried a reversal, unsuccessfully, and now IVF is our option. If everything goes according to plan, the target is a December transfer. I am hopeful because AFC looks promising and there don't seem to be any other issues.

Good luck to everyone!

3 ladybugs
    has no status.
    IVF, Child loss, Cancer & IF
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Doh
    mj_914 - So glad things look like they are moving forward for you! Good luck!

Lilly523 - I am sorry you have such a long wait. However I bet the next 2 weeks will just FLY by for you.

dg1 - I am glad your sonogram went well. Good luck with your trial transfer on Friday!

Haileyscomet97 - Good luck on getting your meds! I know it sounds like a lot, but you need to trust your RE. I imagine that they will start you at that level but not keep you there. They will also be monitoring you so they can always ease back if need be. Try remarking that your siggy should show up and see if that works. If it doesn't then go to the section with technical issues and Dave will help you.

purplyn - You can hang out here till Heather starts January group. I know she was talking about starting it soon. I wouldn't use clomid right now. Clomid can cause cysts (I know it did with me) and that isn't a good thing. I would just hate for you to do something that would make you postpone. Good luck!

gippiess - Welcome! Good luck with your cycle!
    Jennifer (36) - Final try FET Nov. 12, 2012. You can follow my story at: www.OurUnplannedLife.com (Caution child, child loss, and cancer mentioned in blog)

Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast