FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    shortstuff
    hopeful

Post Thanks / Like

What time of day to take Lupron?

Hi, I am about to start my first IVF cycle this Sunday when I start Lupron injections. I am supposed to inject at the same time everyday. Later in my schedule I will be injecting FSH and HMG which I am supposed to do in the PM. I am thinking that since I have to inject FSH and HMG in the PM then I might as well also do my Lupron injections in PM at the same time as when I will be taking FSH and HMG.

Does anyone know if that sounds ok? What have others done? I am thinking of taking the injections around 9/9:30pm.

I'm waiting for my nurse coordinator to get back to me but thought it would be good to also get some input from FT.
    Moi (38), DH (39) TTC 1.5 yrs

Diagnosis : PCOS, immune issues (Rheumatoid Arthritis & possible Hashimoto's i.e. hypothyroid), hyperprolactinemia

1 cycle Clomid
    1 cycle Femara + HCG
    3 cycle Clomid
    1 IUI

IVF #1 - Long Lupron protocol w/ ICSI & PGS
    5/30 - Lupron 10iu
    6/10 - decrease Lupron; FSH + Menopur
    6/19 - HCG trigger
    6/21 - ER - 22 eggs, 15 matured, 13 fertilized
    6/26 - ET

2. Advertisement

MGCT
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure it's fine..as long as you do it the same time. I did mine around 6:30/7:00.
    Me: 33, Husband 33
    Diagnosed with fibroids 3/09
    Myomectomy 5/09
    IVF #1 10/09 - Canceled due to lead follicle/slow response
    IVF #2 - Started stims 4/27/10, ET 5/9/10
    HPT #1 - 5/20 - BFP!!!
    Beta #1 - 5/21 - 98
    Beta #2 - 5/24 - 395
    Beta #3 - 5/28 - 2540
    1st U/S - 6/2 - Saw heartbeat!
    2nd U/S - 6/10 - Heard heartbeat on doppler 160 bpm
    EDD: January 26, 2011

shortstuff
    hopeful

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks MGCT! BTW great Beta levels

Quote Originally Posted by MGCT View Post
    I'm sure it's fine..as long as you do it the same time. I did mine around 6:30/7:00.

Diagnosis : PCOS, immune issues (Rheumatoid Arthritis & possible Hashimoto's i.e. hypothyroid), hyperprolactinemia

1 cycle Clomid
    1 cycle Femara + HCG
    3 cycle Clomid
    1 IUI

5/30 - Lupron 10iu
    6/19 - HCG trigger
    6/26 - ET

DaniConte
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Doh
    Haha... I was such a ninny... When my doctor said to take your Lupron from 7 to 9, I thought they meant 7am to 9am. So, I took my Lupron in the morning at 9am. I took my stims though at 8pm.
    Dani

Me (37) DH (41)

May IVF #1:
    5/5/10 -- Lupron start/ 5/14/10 -- start stims
    ET 5/30/10 -- 2 embies transferred
    6/22 - 1st U/S = 1 sac
    6/30 - 2nd u/s hb 131bpm

RemmyGirl
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My RE told me I had to do it in the morning.... not sure why.... I was doing mine around 9am or so. That way I had some shots in the morning and some at night. For Follistim I was taking it in the morning and at night. And so I took my Lovenox (blood thinner) at night. That way, at worst, I had 2 in the morning and two at night...

Ask you clinic if you are not sure, because they might want you to do it a certain way....

Good luck to you!

karaatl
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am starting Lupron on Tuesday and my RN said to do lupron in the morning. once you start your stimms..it may not be good to do them and lupron at the same time in the pm.

3 ladybugs
    has no status.
    IVF, Child loss, Cancer & IF
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Doh
    I took mine in the morning but on the days I went to the clinic, I would only take it after my RE said to. My appointments were always in the morning so it wasn't much of a change. I think this all has to do with the ER. You may not be able to trigger if your lupron was taken at a different time of the day. However that is just a guess on my part.
    Jennifer (36) - Final try FET Nov. 12, 2012. You can follow my story at: www.OurUnplannedLife.com (Caution child, child loss, and cancer mentioned in blog)

shortstuff
    hopeful

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks DaniConte, RemmyGirl, karaatl, and BC-3 ladybugs! I talked to one of the nurses and they said it doesn't matter just that I should take it around the same time each day and that there is a 1 hour window when I can take it. So I decided to do it in the evening so that I will eventually do the other shots at the same time.

I started yesterday evening and DH administered the shot (I am not squeamish except for seeing myself get shots) - it went well! He did a great job !

No side effects yet tho I think I felt some mild hot flashes this evening although it could all be in my mind!

1 cycle Clomid
    1 cycle Femara + HCG
    3 cycle Clomid
    1 IUI

5/30 - Lupron 10iu
    6/19 - HCG trigger
    6/26 - ET

berryboolicious
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I was told to take it in the evening. I think they did it that way tho b/c when I start my follistim they want it to be at night and logically its easier to do them at the same time. I was told anywhere from 6-10 and I do them at 6:30/7:00.

Are you having an headaches with it? I had one wretched migraine (I seem to get every side affect for every med) but now that seems to be over as no more headaches have developed *knock on wood* good luck! I think we are close in timing (I started lupron on Monday. When do you start stimming?

shortstuff
    hopeful

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by berryboolicious View Post
    I was told to take it in the evening. I think they did it that way tho b/c when I start my follistim they want it to be at night and logically its easier to do them at the same time. I was told anywhere from 6-10 and I do them at 6:30/7:00.

Are you having an headaches with it? I had one wretched migraine (I seem to get every side affect for every med) but now that seems to be over as no more headaches have developed *knock on wood* good luck! I think we are close in timing (I started lupron on Monday. When do you start stimming?
    I am taking it in the evening too - at 8:30pm. I haven't had any headaches but some mild hot flashes the first two days but don't feel anything now. I go in next Wed to get my estriadiol tested and if < 70 then I will start stims the next day. How much Lupron are you taking? I am taking 10iu and when I start stimming it will go down to 5iu.

ETA : today I take my last BCP

1 cycle Clomid
    1 cycle Femara + HCG
    3 cycle Clomid
    1 IUI

5/30 - Lupron 10iu
    6/19 - HCG trigger
    6/26 - ET

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast