FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    HRD
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Success with grade 2 (or less than perfect) embryos?

My 3dt is scheduled for tomorrow. We have 5 embryos, all grade 2 and 4-5 cell today. I wanted to hear grade 1 of course. I'm sure you can never tell since we transferred 3 grade 1 last cycle and got a bfn.

Just curious if anyone has got a bfp with less than perfect embryos. If so what were the grades, cell count and how many did you transfer?

Thanks!!!!

2. Advertisement

wish09
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Grade 2's are still fantastic and a lot of people have success with them, including me. We transferred 3 embryos on day 3, all were grade 2, an 8 cell, 9 cell and 10 cell. I am currently 34 weeks pregnant with twins!

Best of luck to you on your transfer tomorrow. How many are you thinking of transferring? Wishing you all the best!
    Me 32 DH 33
    DS 5/27/04 (natural miracle)

m/c 12/05, m/c 3/06, m/c 1/07

IVF #1 Feb 09 - BFN

IVF #2 May/June 09 - BFP
    Twin GIRLS born 2/9/10

HRD
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wish09---congrats!!! We're thinking of transferring three tomorrow. We want to do everything we can to maximize our chances. Thanks for your reply! It gives me hope!!!

lila
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    HRD- Hey there!!! We transferred 1 grade 1 blast and 1 grade 3 blast and I am pregnant with twins so don't worry. I was so upset about the grade 3 and thought it wasn't going to work for sure and it did!

Good luck tomorrow and I'll be thinking of you!!! for bfp!!!

HRD
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lila! Great to hear from you! Thanks for your reply! That's great news and makes me feel better. This whole process is so stressful! Congrats!!

eli
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mine were not graded, but they were fair to poor quality and had alot of fragmentation.
    I transferred 4 with my first IVF. It was a day two-- they were 5-6 cell (1), 4 cell (2), and a 3 cell (1). I got a BFP and had a DD from that cycle. I had another IVF.. a few years later... and transferred many..8 to be exact--- because my quality was so bad. It was a day 3 transfer and again, lots of fragmentation... four of them were basically dying in the dish so he let me put them in with the better four. Again, a BFP from that cycle- and I had my DS. Actually... 2 stuck from that cycle, but one never grew or had a HB or anything. We also had a few failed cycles in there (2 failed IVFS and 1 failed FET and lots of failed IUIS). And then, in my ripe old age of 38 with a highest FSH of 18.1, my body figured out how to do this on its own... and we are having a 3rd, with no IVF or ART involvement. So--- crappy embies make beautiful babies! And sometimes the best ones just don't work for whatever reason! Good luck!

HRD
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    BC-eli--wow, congrats!!! What a miracle! Thanks for sharing your experience with me. Good to know that imperfect embryos can make perfect babies!

wish09
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    HRD - How did your ET go?
    Me 32 DH 33
    DS 5/27/04 (natural miracle)

m/c 12/05, m/c 3/06, m/c 1/07

IVF #1 Feb 09 - BFN

IVF #2 May/June 09 - BFP
    Twin GIRLS born 2/9/10

HRD
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi wish09---thanks for checking in! After a LOT of dicussion with our RE and embryologist, we did a 3dt of 5 embies! Yikes!! (1-8cell, grade 2; 2-7cell, grade 2; 1-6cell grade 2; 1-4cell, grade 3). Based on our circumstances, previous failed cycle and MFI issues, this will maximize our chances. We went for it this cycle; we have none to freeze so we are praying that this works!!!!

hope2bpregnant
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    HRD - wow...you're a brave woman! Good luck to you! I have been lurking on confessions and january boards so I kind of followed your story. Again, good luck to you girl!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast