FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

kijanka77
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

How did you Embryos divided on day 2 and 3 and 5

Hi, can you please let me know how your embryos has divided on day 2 and 3? It had many eggs retrieved and they do not seem to be dividing as well as the doctor would wish.
    Most of mine are 2 cells on day2. Is there a chance they are going to be 6 or 8 tomorrow? HELP , Please

2. Advertisement

mybabyfaith
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had 7 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized and on day 2 there were 1-5 cell and 3-2 cells; one didn't divide. On day 3 I had 1-8 cell and one of my 2 cells turned into a 6 cell and two of the others were a 5 on day three and continuing to divide. So don't worry..my embryologist said that the 2 cells were perfectly fine on day 2, believe me I was nervous. Today I had my first IVF with two embies implanted .

kijanka77
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    mybabyfaith, i will have transfer day after you! i will be thinking of you. i hope they divided some more since this morning. all the best to you!

HRD
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    kijanka---I had my ER on 11/8. 14 eggs were retrieved, 9 mature and by the next day, only 4 had fertlized. By day two, I had 3 viable embryos. 1-2 cell, 1-4cell and 1-5cell. We moved our 3dt to a 2dt based on the number of embryos we had. We transferred all three. I've heard positive stories about 2 cell embies....I'm hoping the best for you! I have my first beta tomorrow and hoping my embies held on tight!! good luck!

mybabyfaith
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    kijanka, thank you...I will be thinking about you as well. Best of luck and let me know how it goes.

HRD...I hope that you get great news tomorrow, good luck

kijanka77
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    hrd all the best for tomorrow!!!

nelly07
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there-

My transfer was a day 3 transfer on Nov 15th... I had 13 eggs retrieved, only 6 fertilized, and by Day 3 I had two top-grade embryos, one at 8 cells and one at 7 cells. I transferred both of those back. The other 4 didn't make it... not sure what the cell division was exactly but they cultured them to Day 5 and they all arrested in development in the lab. I'm hoping my 2 little embryos held on. Nervously awaiting beta next Thursday!!!

Good luck tomorrow kijanka!!!

Sending lots of positive thoughts to you mybabyfaith! You are both just about a week behind me

HRD- Wishing you all the best!! Let us know how things go tomorrow